StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my givi from motostorm and it looks awesome but instructions are not in English. What holes are recommended for the base? 6’ with 32”inseam. I will experiment but wondered what was the best height to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,017 Posts
Setup is very much individual to each rider as bars, seat and physique create many variables.
I used the lower mounts - after all the top screen is adjustable to your preference anyway. I've ended up happy with the upper screen adjusted to near its lowest setting with the top edge of the screen just below the horizon. What a HUGE difference it makes at motorway speeds.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Mine is set up exactly like Brockie's....low. I hate looking through any windshield and with the AF I don't have too.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I'm 5'11", 32" inseam. I started with the base mounted in the lowest position. Generally fine for me, with one exception: in those instances I wanted the most wind protection with the upper portion raised, I experienced buffeting that kept knocking my visor down at highway speeds (I ride with it up 99% of the time).

I eventually moved the base from the lowest holes to the highest holes. I didn't notice any change in performance with the upper portion low or midling. And with the upper portion at higher positions I enjoyed reduced buffeting.

I think my brothers -- same height and inseam -- have their base mounted in the lowest position.

Just have to pick one and try it, then switch it up if it's not quite right to see if an alternative base position works better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmmm, I'm 6 foot myself and went with the highest setting for the base, I like it there

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I'm 6' with a 33" inseam.

I initially mounted mine low. Upper portion removed was great for full air blast in Chicago summers. Upper portion extended as high as possible wasn't smooth enough for me at 85 mph on the slab.

So, I moved the base to its highest setting. Upper portion removed was still great for full air blast in Chicago summers. Upper portion extended as high as possible smoothed the ride dramatically at 85 mph on the slab.

Is it easy to remove the Madstat windshield entirely for full air blast?

Super simple with the Givi, obviously. That's my favorite feature.

You can also change the angle of the Givi a bit by mounting it with washers on the high or low mounting points to pitch it more or less vertical.

Whatever you get, fiddle with it a bit to get it locked in. If you hate it, sell it easily and then buy something else.

Just have to pick one and try it, then switch it up if it's not quite right to see if an alternative base position works better.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great advice. Mounted in low holes. Less sound from wind during freeway trip. Raised slide to highest position coming back, very nice. Kind of cold so I’ll mess with it as weather warms up. Happy so far.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you adjust the screen so tope edge is at the same height, mounting position for the fixed part doesn't make a lot of difference for me anyway. As others have stated a few rubber washers under the lower mounting points to tilt the screen back makes a big difference, more so when it is mounted on the lower position. I think that without the washers it tends to close off the air inlet in the lowest position.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had shims on the top of my stock shield and thought it helped. May try them once it warms up and I get some miles on the givi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts