StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Question from a short fat guy. I'm riding a 2009 650 and have a Givi Aeroflow shield on it. It totally stopped all the buffeting. I love it!

Here's the problem. With the outer shield all the way down the the top lip of the shield hits at the exact spot where my line of sight hits the road. Very annoying to say the least. Is there a way to cut the top of the shield off without screwing it up? I don't want to crack it or scratch the crap out of it.

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an excellent question. Now that you mention it I seem to remember being worried about the screen not being tall enough and installed the base at the highest setting.

I'll check that first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the great advice.

In what position is the base of the screen? If your base screen isn't installed in the lowest holes, you might be able to reduce the overall height without hacking up the top adjustable screen.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was considering an Airflow for my 2016 Strom but my fear was that at 5'8" I wouldn't be able to see over it. Most of the reviews on here were given by folks over 5'11" and as such were no use to me. The OP's post now confirms that my fears would have been well founded. Glad I went with the OEM 2018 screen instead which works well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am a mere 5’6” and the Airflow is perfect for me at the lowest position (both for the rear shield, lowest of three mounts on my 2017 650, and the front shield). And this is with the Suzuki lower seat. I look over it no problem and no buffeting.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I cut my Givi down with an air driven fine cut off disc. Mark out the cut where the height is ideal and slowly cut along the line with the high speed thin disc then radius the edge with a fine file.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So...over the weekend I took my Givi shield off to see how it's mounted. Come to find out there is only one way to mount the base shield. No low, medium or high sets of holes. Only the one way.

What am I missing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts