StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a top of the line dual sport helmet. It's a few years old but well taken care of with about 9k of riding on it. Last year models are around $400 and up. Anyone have thoughts on adding padding to the interior to tighten up the fit...? Sure is a nice helmet to just give back to him when I'm wearing a much lower quality helmet. I have some padding left over from my bicycle helmet. :confused:

·
Ex- moderator
1,129 Posts
Dont do it...dont risk your head & your life with a bodged helmet...

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most helmet shells (the hard part) are the same physical size. The manufacturers simply change liners to produce different sizes. You may be able to order a medium liner and you would be good to go. Make sure you check with the mfr to make sure that the liner is designed for your exact helmet.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I might be careful on the padding size if you buy some new pads. I have found in the past that most Small and Mediums share one shell, while Large, XL share another. The big difference being the size of the cheek pads that can be switched in and out to tailor the fit of helmet (usually in mm differences). I have a couple of different sets of cheek pads that I use to fit my XD based on how much beer I drank during the off season and how fat my melon got.

Don't skimp on helmet fit with shoddy materials. Your brain bouncing around your skull from being too loose can have deadly consequences. My .02 cents. From your friendly Physical Therapist. :thumbup:

Sell it and buy a helmet that fits. You can find a ton of XD3's at ADvRIDER.com for the price you can sell or trade that one you have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts