StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I have just bought a 2011 650 and I have purchased a GiPro gear indicator to install. This unit has only one connector to plug in to the bike. Does anyone have any photos of their installation. I know that this has been asked before but I am at a loss, I have located the GPS connector but if you plug in one end what do you do with the other end. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Perhaps your model GiPro is different to mine, but I had the gear display (small one, no ATRE) on the one end, and a white plug on the other. The white plug plugs straight into the connector on the right hand side of the bike, visible when you remove the seat and black side panel. Not sure what you mean by GPS :confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Perhaps your model GiPro is different to mine, but I had the gear display (small one, no ATRE) on the one end, and a white plug on the other. The white plug plugs straight into the connector on the right had side, visible when you remove the seat and black side panel. Not sure what you mean by GPS :confused:
Also, from memory, the connector you want to plug it into had a black cover / cap on it from memory. It is where the dealer can plug in a PC to do analytics, so nothing is plugged into it at the moment.

·
Registered
183 Posts
No worries. It is very simple once you find the connector.

Step 1 - Remove seat
Step 2 - Remove black panel on the right hand side of the bike. One bolt and one of those push in things (whatever they are called, hey, I am no expert either :green_lol:)
Step 3 - Decide what path you want the wire to follow from whereever you are going to put the display (mine is stuck onto the rev counter face at the bottom). Keep in mind handlebar movement.
Step 4 - Feed the wire through and fix to frame / other cables with cable ties. Make sure excess cable is secured.
Step 5 - Plug in and stick display where you want it
Step 6 - Test to see if it works
Step 7 - Install black panel and seat

Enjoy!!!. I love my Gipro for traffic.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It is the same connector that is used to put the bike in dealer mode. See FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

Since all 2011s have ABS, it is the white connector shown in this pic. It will probably be white with a black rubber cap but the location is what is important.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I must of been having a blond moment earlier:confused:. I have found the connector just have to figure out where to permanently mount the indicator.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It happens to all of us, in fact, happens to me all the time :green_lol:At the bottom of the dials worked nicely for me. Has been on there for almost a year now and no issues.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
That connector was put in different locations on different year bikes, and sometimes it is buried way down under a wiring bundle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts