StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted a GiPro DS on the Wee last night. Tested it while stationary and was working fine. This morning on the commute to work it worked perfectly fine for the first 20 minutes or so, and then at some point got stuck on 2. At a traffic light I turned the bike off and started it again, cycled through 0 to 6 as per usual, but then immediately went to 6 and would not move.

Has anyone else experiened this. Any ideas on what the cause may be. :confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It sure sounds like a defective unit. Contact the seller or Heal-Tech. By all accounts, it's a good company that will make it right.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went back to the guys at HealTech who were very helpful and provided me with instructions on how to test whether the ECU was providing the correct information. All I needed was a pin and voltmeter (good excuse to buy one :mrgreen:).

Bike was fine, so I returned the GiPro to the retailer I sourced it from and received a new unit yesterday. Installed it and worked perfectly on the commute today. Very happy, and I have to say I was very impressed by the guys at HealTech who provided great support, even over the weekend.:hurray:

Thought I would share the instructions:

- The side stand must be in upright position
- The engine stop switch must be in RUN position
- Set your meter in DC 20V setting
- Connect the black meter probe to the negative terminal of battery
- Connect the red meter probe to the Pink wire at the ECU connector (use a thin needle for backprobing the connector pin).
- Select Neutral and Turn ignition On The Neutral indicator should be lit. The voltage reading should be about +5.0V
- Select 1st gear. The voltage reading should be below +2.0 V

1 - 3 of 3 Posts