StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have Galfer S/S lines and Gold pads. After a beginning of a weekend ride on my Wee (150 miles before I rode the Uly) I got to test a Buell Uly for the second time. Once again I love the brakes! Everytime I ride a Ducati or Buell, I am reminded on how good brakes are supposed to be! I think the Buell motor is a lump, runs too hot, vibrates too much and has decent power and better acceleration than my Wee-as it should with almost 600cc's more engine

So are the WAVE rotors at $620 worth it? What happens next, a Brembo master cylinder?

I just want my Wee to have killer brakes without having to get a new bike. I really love the Wee, after 3 years it is still riding great and gets 47-49mpg!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get a KLR650. Ride it around for a while.......all of the sudden your wee will have awesome brakes!! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Get a KLR650. Ride it around for a while.......all of the sudden your wee will have awesome brakes!! ;)
More than the brakes will feel awesome. After renting a KLR 650 for 2 days in Tenn for the Dragon I felt like I was in heaven riding the Wee.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Galfer bits are nice, make sure to clean the pads and rotors real well after you install them, a bit of brake fluid has been giving me some pulsing, even though i cleaned them really good.

I'd get stiffer springs in the front though, i get a fair amount of dive if i really grab the binders.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GSX R master

Well the best answer so far has to be the GSX R master cylinder. Several are to be had on ebay and I am going to a salvage yard next month some time. Anybody ever changed out for the GSX R master cylinder? I know I loose my right side mirror. I have been thinking about fairing mounted mirrors anyway too. Looks like if I don't trade my Wee for something bigger, I might have a new experiment on my hands.

I know the bike isn't bad for its price point-I have stiffer springs, and although two fingers will get it done, it takes a handful at speed to get it stopped NOW! I WANT serious brakes!

I am going to look for a 750 master cylinder, but think the 1k or the 600 will work just as well, I have to see them first....

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I don't see why you'd loose you mirror. I think you can use the same mount/clamping bracket. If you do this mod, keep us posted. I want to try it too, but am waiting for my warranty to expire before I start fiddling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts