StromTrooper banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it.
Picked up my brand new '11 non ABS black Wee this arvo.
Suzuki were advertising them for $9999 ride away so I hit up my local dealer and got them to throw in the centre stand & crash bars for the price, had to wait a week for them to get it and the farkles in & fitted.
This is my first ever brand new vehicle so I am pretty stoked with this.

How to make a strom uglier.

Not long home from using a bit over half a tank of fuel hitting up some mountain & highway roads in the rain at night, the only way to run in a bike.
Tomorrow it will be a oil & filter job and probably another on the weekend after a few more hundred ks before she goes in for first service next week some time.
I am still excited. :hurray:
Cheers Brian

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi BB63
Congratulations on the new bike.
Won't take long to get the k's up they are so nice to ride.

Cheers Gotawee

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well done and welcome to the collective, the 2011 models are good buying. Are you going to duck down to Bingara for the weekend?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
G'Day BB63,
Great bike at a great price, what more could you want.
Enjoy the bike and might see you on the road sometime.

Cheers

·
Registered
808 Posts
Great value

You cant beat that for $10k. It looks great. As Strongarm says, bring her along to Bingara this weekend if you can. Either way, enjoy riding her....

well done - I would be excited too
Trevor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same bike

BB63 i got the exact same bike in early February and now have nearly 2000kms. The more kays i do the smoother it seems to get. got it for a great price as well.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Hello Brian,

Congrats mate.

And why not run it in by coming to Bingara, 5000rpm is good for highway speed [you know me from FB and I saw your "running the thing in" excuse for not coming along :fineprint: ].

I did my first 1000km in four days then got the service done and went for a ride......three states and 4,600km in two weeks. :thumbup:

Welcome aboard here [did you join because of my comment about the forum or did the dealer or someone else point you to here?].

Cheers,
Ock. [aka Stephen or Steve]

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Brian,

Congrats mate.

And why not run it in by coming to Bingara, 5000rpm is good for highway speed [you know me from FB and I saw your "running the thing in" excuse for not coming along :fineprint: ].

I did my first 1000km in four days then got the service done and went for a ride......three states and 4,600km in two weeks. :thumbup:

Welcome aboard here [did you join because of my comment about the forum or did the dealer or someone else point you to here?].

Cheers,
Ock. [aka Stephen or Steve]
Hey mate, I joined when I was looking at buying one to get an idea of the things. :mrgreen: I think I found the place through AT.
As for the running in comment, it is more to do with the timing of when I hit the 1000 k mark and be able to get its " first" service done (I will have already done 2 oil changes by then ) as I expect to be hitting that half way through the weekend.
I did consider ducking out there for the sat night but the logistics of it just arent working.
Thanks for all you welcomes anyway peoples, look forward to benifitiong from all your combined wisdom.
Does anybody have recomendations for top boxes? Anyone have a Shad box and recomend them?
Cheers brian

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great Buy!

Gday,
That's an awesome deal, I paid $9,990.00 ride away for mine in October 2006 from Team Moto Virginia (without any goodies). So you definately got a great deal! Mine was also my first "new" bike! You picked a great bike. I've just done 70,000 kms without any problems! Still on the original battery, brakes, shocks etc. They're real easy to service, feel free to contact me if you want any other questions.

Mike
:thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Top Boxes

Gday,
I've got a Givi, I think it's about 30 litre, however the type you buy depends on what type of riding you're thinking of. The Givi is good, but you lose a lot of space seeing it's round / oval shape. A more square one would be better. The Givi hold their value quite well though. Aluminium ones are mega expensive, but look good. If you plan on leaving it on a lot, then you can always make your own base plate to attach to your rear rack and mount your own box to it? There are quite a few that have a "quick lock" type system that allows you to remove them easily.

Hope this helps,
Mike
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
every time I start up my 650, I just pause to soak in that cool fuel pump wind up sound - yer gonna luvit!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Good Boy!
I bought mine in 2007 and have done 65,000km on it trouble free. They are a great useable bike and good at everything.
Have fun!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well done mate, may she provide many years of riding pleasure. Got my new 2011 a few weeks ago and now have 3000 km on it and loving it. Mine was 8800 on road but got no extras with it. So far it now has crash bars, skid plate, bags, centre stand and getting 16 tooth front sprocket to ease back the touring revs. I once had a dl1000 and this just feels so much more nimble, well beyond the 20kg difference and is by far my preference (looks excepted). Anyway, enough about me :) Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anybody have recomendations for top boxes? Anyone have a Shad box and recomend them?
Cheers brian
Hi BB63 ,
I have a Shad SH48 , It's really sturdy and the lid has a tight seal.
It's not just lonely fishermen who like a tight seal,

It's really easy to mount on the rack with all hardware supplied.
Bike specific mounting plate was extra .
I have the optional brake light and backrest pads .

It's one worth considering if you're in the market for a plastic box.:yesnod:
Hi from svdu .

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hi BB, good buying and you'll have more than 10grands worth of riding out of it. Mine was that much in 07 with no extras, and I clocked up 77777 on the Bingara trip. I had a Bestem T Box for a few years, untill an accident and they replaced it with a Givi, under insurance. If I had to buy another top box Bestem would get the nod

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congrats, great deal on the bike, enjoy the Stroms ability to chew up big trips in comfort as well as throw over in the twisties and also ride over roadworks and graded dirt roads with ease. ML

1 - 16 of 16 Posts