StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a gear indicator for my DL1000K7. I'm not sure what model I should get though, the one with ATRE or the DS model.

What benefits do either have?

What exactly is ATRE?

What do they mean by 4th, 5th or 6th gear maps?

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here this will help confuse you further

Ivan's Performance Products

Most folks around these parts trust Ivans

My internet rumor is

1,2,3 are power restricted

4 th is full power

5th is speed restricted

6th O/D has its own economy map
That helps a little, but also throws more wrenches in.

Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a gear indicator for my DL1000K7. I'm not sure what model I should get though, the one with ATRE or the DS model.

What benefits do either have?

What exactly is ATRE?

What do they mean by 4th, 5th or 6th gear maps?
So it sounds like this will help with the jerk of the throttle when I get back on the throttle or the jerk when releasing. Is this correct?

It also sounds like by setting the maps your making the bike think it's in another gear and to use that map, i.e. 4th or 5th, when you're really in 1st, 2nd, etc... Is this correct?

So, if I go with the Ivan's product, can I not use the GI Pro products. I do want a gear indicator? Maybe I should just use the GI Pro ATRE model.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Ivan's and the GI-Pro with ATRE will both provide the ATRE function to fool the ECM into "thinking" the bike is always in fourth gear. You can't use two ATREs. If you want a gear indicator and an ATRE, just get the GI-Pro. While there is some talk about improving the response in lower gears, it is arguable. It does remove the speed restriction in 5th and 6th but the chassis really isn't up to handling those speeds, at least without lowering the front a little to prevent aerodynamic lift, adding a fork brace, steering stabilizer and suspension improvements.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ivan's and the GI-Pro with ATRE will both provide the ATRE function to fool the ECM into "thinking" the bike is always in fourth gear. You can't use two ATREs. If you want a gear indicator and an ATRE, just get the GI-Pro. While there is some talk about improving the response in lower gears, it is arguable. It does remove the speed restriction in 5th and 6th but the chassis really isn't up to handling those speeds, at least without lowering the front a little to prevent aerodynamic lift, adding a fork brace, steering stabilizer and suspension improvements.
I wasn't thinking about using 2 ATRE's, but I was wondering about using the Ivan's and then just get the GI Pro DS series.

If I don't like the ATRE for some reason, is it possible to turn that feature off (on the GI Pro)?

I'm not looking to do this for speed reasons. My bike will be lucky to see 90+. I really want a gear indicator and if possible I would like to be able to remove the throttle jerk.

Will this hurt my MPG's?

·
38,048 Posts
Don't count on the ATRE removing the throttle jerk. I doubt very much if that will happen. A careful job of bringing the throttle position sensor to the proper adjustment along with a good throttle body sync may handle that. In some case, the extreme leanness for emissions control may require enrichment via an add on box like a power commander or an ECM remap from a Yosh or Teka box. If you are going to stick to reasonable speeds, I wouldn't recommend an ATRE at all.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't count on the ATRE removing the throttle jerk. I doubt very much if that will happen. A careful job of bringing the throttle position sensor to the proper adjustment along with a good throttle body sync may handle that. In some case, the extreme leanness for emissions control may require enrichment via an add on box like a power commander or an ECM remap from a Yosh or Teka box. If you are going to stick to reasonable speeds, I wouldn't recommend an ATRE at all.
The ATRE model is only $12 more than the DS model. Online it says:
ATRE is a switchable, remappable and automatic TRE.
Does anyone know if this means that I can turn off the ATRE if I don't like it and just have the gear indicator?

·
38,048 Posts
Switchable means it can be turned off. Remappable means the gear which is not restricted can be selected out of several possibilities. On a Vee, that is fourth. Automatic must mean the engine is unrestricted regardless of the gear it is in. The ATRE model is also larger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts