StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is just rider preference but I was hoping to get some opinions from anyone who have already done it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I installed the genmar 1 inch risers. It moves them up and slightly back, perfect for me. No cables, hoses, or wiring needed re-routing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
risers maximum

Does anyone know how much rise (and back) one can move the bars before longer lines are needed?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
nighthawk said:
I installed the genmar 1 inch risers. It moves them up and slightly back, perfect for me. No cables, hoses, or wiring needed re-routing.
How tall are you? I'm still waiting for my Strom to be delivered but I have a set of GenMars from my old bike and I wonder if they'll be needed. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. I really needed them for my last bike, '05 Yamaha FZ6, but the Strom seems more upright to start with.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, the stock reach wasn't bad but I had the 1 inch risers in a drawer and put them on, works fine, my arms are kinda' long anyway.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well raised-em 1" and actually got to ride yesterday. 26 degrees and pucker factor of about 8 in some frozen spots but turned the wheels. Im 5'11 and a 30" inseam kind of a long torso. Anyway I like the height of the bars alot. Not a long ride but it felt great. Once I decide which seat will bring the height down just a bit Im all dialed in. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey Troy, thanks for the info. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam. you make it sound promising. Can't wait to get my V later this month.

(BTW - I'm actually 6'2" but I carry the opressive weight of the world on my shoulders :lol: )

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heavy, just so you know I got them from advmotostuff.com. Ive ordered ALOT of stuff for my Strom through them and theve been great

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Troy. I actually have a set of the GenMar, 1" risers, from my old bike. We'll see how it feels and let you guys know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts