StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hurt my right knee over the winter and it has been bothering me when riding all year. A few weeks ago I purchased Rick's footpeg lowering kit to see if that would help.

Footpeg and Control Lowering Kit - AdventureTech, LLC.

It has really made a difference and now I am back to my butt being the first thing that forces me to take a break instead of my right knee.

The only problem I had was that I couldn't get the brake pedal height as low as I like it. I talked with Rick about options, but it dawned on me that I could do it without modifying any parts. All I really needed to do was get rid of the nut above the yoke. With the nut removed, the set screw in the yoke as far as it could go, and then using the coupling nut to lock the set screw against the yoke I finally was able to get the pedal to my liking.

Here are a couple of pictures the first just shows the set screw turned in as far as it will go. In the picture since it is sitting all by itself and nothing is holding the set screw up, the set screw will actual come back through the yoke about a thread and a half once it's fastened to the coupling nut. I wanted at least 3 full threads plus a little more.

The second picture shows it installed without the nut above the yoke.

I can now move my foot over the brake pedal without pushing on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
That set screw is a safety feature, if you have removed it might I suggests you at least blue locktite the threads to prevent the thing from getting lose with vibrations over time.

Just my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts