StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just checked my front suspension sag measurement using the "zip tie on the fork leg" method ( I have no friends) and with the preload adjuster wound right in the best I can get is a without rider sag measurement of 20mm and a rider sag measurement of 40mm.
my actual measurements were
full extension = 150mm
bike only = 130mm
rider = 110 mm

If my understanding is correct I'm just under on the WOR sag and on the upper limit for RS.

Do I need to reduce my spacer length or replace my springs. ?

currently using stock springs, I ride on and offroad and wiegh 100kg (220lb) (give or take:mrgreen:) kitted ready to ride.

·
Registered
231 Posts
yes muddy its time i found .95 sonic to be good 4 me i'm 85kilo just a little tall so i'm going to adjustable links not lowering links but +2 -2 so i can raise it when loaded for birdsville...the springs rose my sag by 22mm according to cable ties on both legs plus it used 20mm less travel when jumping on the brakes...good luck.. and my forks are 25mm thru the clamps at the moment..i have risers on...about 130 from soupys in the states i ordered the links today.,,greg

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Yes, you need new fork springs appropriate to your weight. Sonic also makes excellent straight rate fork springs:
SonicSprings.com

Actually, I think everyone has to upgrade their fork springs. I don't know if anyone has ever seen the 90 pound ballerina who apparently does the suspension testing for Suzuki. She's got to be getting close to retirement after 3-40 years of crappy stock suspension.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I changed my fork springs and havent been happy. I still think I need to add a little oil. Anyways, how many clicks are avaliable on the forks. The stock settings were at 5 and i'm at 6 now. Just curious. Maybe I need to go a few more.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes muddy its time i found .95 sonic to be good 4 me i'm 85kilo just a little tall so i'm going to adjustable links not lowering links but +2 -2 so i can raise it when loaded for birdsville...the springs rose my sag by 22mm according to cable ties on both legs plus it used 20mm less travel when jumping on the brakes...good luck.. and my forks are 25mm thru the clamps at the moment..i have risers on...about 130 from soupys in the states i ordered the links today.,,greg
thanx Greg, had a talk to Stubbsie (Bikecare) today and he suggested add another 10mm of preload

adjusters are currently would right in ie highest setting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts