StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the endless BS I am really sick of the way this site drags. Maybe its not that way for the PREMIUM members, but paying a website is ridiculous in my opinion so that won't happen. And what's up with the CONTROVERSIAL warning on politics and religion. These things are stupid, but they are not controversial. So do what you will, I'm out of here.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Aside from the endless BS I am really sick of the way this site drags. Maybe its not that way for the PREMIUM members, but paying a website is ridiculous in my opinion so that won't happen. And what's up with the CONTROVERSIAL warning on politics and religion. These things are stupid, but they are not controversial. So do what you will, I'm out of here.
First off......something is wrong on your end, as the site is running just fine "I would hear about it if there was an issue".

Secondly.......there is a forum section called "Trooper Arena" where you can talk pretty much about whatever you feel like safely.

Now........clear your system cache and make sure you don't have malware and spam on your computer, and then take a few deep calming breaths and head on over to the Arena section "towards bottom of main forum page". Just put the password in specified and your are good to go. Relax dude...........:wink2:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm not a premium member and the site runs just fine. As mentioned above, you could have a malware problem.
Also, I run an ad blocker app with the Chrome browser. I understand that may not be the best thing for the forum owners (a revenue issue?) so feel free to delete this suggestion if it's not appropriate.
Henry.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I'm not a premium member and the site runs just fine. As mentioned above, you could have a malware problem.
Also, I run an ad blocker app with the Chrome browser. I understand that may not be the best thing for the forum owners (a revenue issue?) so feel free to delete this suggestion if it's not appropriate.
Henry.
Slow on my iPad and fast on my pc. Both use a chrome browser.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
I know what I'm sick of. WHINERS . If this site is not valuable enough to you to pay the $20, don't complain and go away quietly.
As for the rules, they're there for a reason.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I have had a few issues with slowness on this forum the past few weeks, I just go to another forum for a while until it speeds up and it always does. Today it's running fine here.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've never had any issues and notice no advantage with the premium membership.

I let my membership lapse over the boycott sv racing thread.

I just use an ad blocker and the experience is literally the exact same thing. IMO the only advantage to premium membership is being able to store more PM's.

Basically, the problem is on your end... paying $20 wont help regardless.

Go for a ride :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm almost always on an iPad using the motorcycle.com app. It was 3 bucks

There are no adds and it loads fast. The only issue I have run into is sometimes pictures don't load

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do not complain if you are not willing to help. I guess this is why you left two FJR websites as well. Makes you wonder how messed up the sites are when you have left 3 and no one else seems to have followed.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Probably another case of adware on the device rather than an actual site problem.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have had frustrations with accessing the site,the connection being very slow and "clunky" at times :( I bought premium membership because I value this forum :) and less ads means less data, = more speed :) I definately noticed the MY computer,-NOT the site, was slower when I wasn't logged in, due to the ads slowing the process down.

I followed the advise given here :) and cleared my Cache, (control/shift/del - for XP) and installed a freebie ad blocker (Adfender)
These actions have helped immensely :)
Now the improved speed is about the same whether i'm logged in or not :)

The adblocker has only been running for a few hrs and my online time maybe 1/2 hr? - so far 330+ ads and 166 trackers blocked.
over 3 MB bandwidth saved. For those on a budget/mobile data plan all the MBs add up at the end of the month ;)
FWIW the ads have been blocked whilst accessing this site whilst not logged in.
My advice, get an adblocker!! ASAP! and enjoy improved speed without distractions.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey there,

Have you tried any of the suggestions given by the members in this thread? Let us know if the site is working better for you now.

Richard.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,230 Posts
Hasta la Vista... Good luck with your "Knocked down, dented tank, superglued hand guard and cowling, rarely washed" Vstrom. It's a shame, because there is ton of great information here to get your bike fixed ;-)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts