StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Looks like I am going to take the plunge and put a down payment on a Fox Orange Wee/Glee [edit: Gee] tomorrow. I am not sure yet when I will be able to pick her up. I am blessed to be able to add another bike to the collection. This will be my first factory new motorcycle. I am posting a pic of my current ride which I am keeping. Not sure how many Harley riders we have here, but the V-Rod is sometimes the outcast of the Harley crowd due to the water cooled (e.g, does not break down on hot days) technology. I am really excited to join the obvious cult following that the V-Strom has (I mean that in a good way). I appreciate the passion of this forum. It reminds me of the passion my fellow V-rodders have over at 1130cc. I think I will have the ideal setup - something fast to set my hair on fire (V-rod) and something much more practical and do anything (V-Strom). I am sensing a pattern here with all of the letter V's. Anyway, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks to all for all of the info!

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome, and thank you for your service to our country.

I wish I had time to wear out my '07 fast enough to get into the '12 model.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, and thank you for your service to our country.

I wish I had time to wear out my '07 fast enough to get into the '12 model.

Enjoy your ride.
Thanks Ken! Sounds like these bikes are tough to wear out. I must say that I stumbled into the V-Strom while taking my Harley wheels to the Honda/Suzuki dealer to have the tires changed (that is a story for another day). They had one outside and it caught my eye (a 2011 model). That is what led me to this forum.... funny how things work out. :hurray:

·
Registered
278 Posts
There's a few guys on here with a Harley me being one of them the Stroms make a great compliment to them in my book.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice looking ten year old HD..
had the 100yr Road King Classic.
awaiting the 2012 V-Strom.
Thanks. She is my first bike and I got her with 6,300 miles on it in 2006. I just turned 20k on it. I also love the Road King Classic! Leather bags all the way on the Road King. Looking forward to inexpensive heated grips, shield, panniers, and shorter turning radius of the wee though. Also a much wider selection of accessories for the wee compared to the V-rod.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats Brother Trooper. I picked up my orange 12 a couple weeks ago and your gonna like it.
Sweet. Semper Fi! I love the orange. At first I really wanted the adventure because of the black aluminium luggage. After pricing it all out and figuring out that I would rather have a skid plate than crash bars, I am going to build my own orange adventure model. Great color.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
passion?

Strommers don't do passion - we are old and staid, and we like bikes similar to the Energizer Bunny (just keep on tickin)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strommers don't do passion - we are old and staid, and we like bikes similar to the Energizer Bunny (just keep on tickin)
I have been lurking here for some time. Well okay only a few weeks. However, we must agree to disagree. The regular posters don't keep posting and reading because they lack passion. The passion is for bikes "similar to the Energizer Bunny (just keep on tickin)". That passion/ enthusiasm is easy to pick up on. Not sure what old is..... I hear its a state of mind..."staid" well that sir can always be shaken.

PS- I have read and enjoyed many of your posts.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
All,

Looks like I am going to take the plunge and put a down payment on a Fox Orange Wee/Glee [edit: Gee] tomorrow. I am not sure yet when I will be able to pick her up. I am blessed to be able to add another bike to the collection. This will be my first factory new motorcycle. I am posting a pic of my current ride which I am keeping. Not sure how many Harley riders we have here, but the V-Rod is sometimes the outcast of the Harley crowd due to the water cooled (e.g, does not break down on hot days) technology. I am really excited to join the obvious cult following that the V-Strom has (I mean that in a good way). I appreciate the passion of this forum. It reminds me of the passion my fellow V-rodders have over at 1130cc. I think I will have the ideal setup - something fast to set my hair on fire (V-rod) and something much more practical and do anything (V-Strom). I am sensing a pattern here with all of the letter V's. Anyway, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks to all for all of the info!
Great choice of bikes! I have almost the same set up, an 06 V-Rod & I just bought an 11 wee. I too am keeping the v-rod, I love the bike, but the wee so far seems like it will be the bike of choice for most all around riding. I was going to get a 12 adv model but figured the cash savings plus the bags made it very enticing. I agree, a lot of wee owners seem very happy with their bikes, in fact I really haven't heard any one put the bike down in a negative rant, must be a lot of happy owners. Hopefully I will be hitting some hard pack roads this week end & I can do an off road report with some pics.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I am sensing a pattern here with all of the letter V's.
Howdie,

Congratulations on the new bike, Despite my impressive post count, I'm currently bikeless (search Happy MLK Day!). If you continue with the "V" pattern this may eclipse the V-Rod in the speed department:

Welcome,

Norm

·
Registered
524 Posts
Welcome to the fold. That new 2012 Wee in orange is sexy. You'll enjoy the heck out of it. And that Harley you got aint bad either ;) ... I've ridding harleys and cruisers of all types. Never understood Harley haters :confused:

·
Registered
522 Posts
While I am not a cruiser guy, I have nothing against them ... just a different style of riding.

But I got admit, I do like the looks of the V-Rod. If it didn't hurt my back so much to ride I would even consider one. Unfortunately the 2 I've ridden made my back hurt so much I sort of had to count it out of possibilities.

The older I get ... and the more parts I have replaced at hospitals ... the more important comfort becomes.

Age may be a "state of mind" ... but it is also a "state of parts"!! And sometimes replacements don't work as well as originals. Darn it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts