StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 things
1-When I renewed my dues my join date became this year not when I originaly joined the forum as a paying member a year ago.
2- I cannot stay logged in when I return each time on my home computer, on my work computer I can. I go to stromtroopers and I'm already logged in, at home I have to key in my info every time.
3-Twice now when I was responding to a message, when I went to post it, I had become "logged out" and wasnt able to post, I had to log back in again even though I never left the site, thats frustrating, in fact it might happen when I go to post this message.

Maybe its my computer here at home?

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
2 and 3 will be being caused by settings on your home PC I suspect.
Are you clearing cookies every time you exit your browser?

·
Registered
99 Posts
automatic logoff

I am interested in this subject as well. I've looked through the FAQ and done searches but can't find any info on the automatic timed logoff PIA. I'm not closing the browser either. It usually happens while I'm composing a post.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The fact it's happening with a very few members and in one case at home and not at work points to a set up issue on the members PC or their Internet connection.
Check your Internet browser settings and check your router settings. Routers can be set to time out during inactivity (typing a post would be seen as inactivity by a router).
Their is nothing in the forum software that I am aware of that will cause the forum to log people out.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Are you clearing cookies every time you exit your browser?

How the heck do you do that?
I'll assume you don't want to do that. If you do, you will see how. Anyway, with your browser up, (assuming XP and firefox, but will be similar for others) click on "tools" (at the top). In the pop up that appears you will see "options". Click on it. The Options menu shows, and at the top of it you click on "Privacy". The upper portion of the Privacy menu is labeled "History". If there is not a check mark in a box next to "Accept cookies from sites", click on the box. A check should appear. Likewise for the box next to " "Accept 3rd party cookies from sites". Under that you will see "Keep until", select from the menu, "Until they expire". You have made changes so now you have to click "OK" at the bottom of the menu page and then you should be good to go. If you can't figure it out from this or if your browser is way different, :headbang: get back to us and we will sort it out for you. :yesnod: Oh, one last point. If you have a check next to "clear history after firefox(your browser) closes" you may want to uncheck that, to allow you to find sites quickly should you lose one somehow, as you have described. Sometimes you can just hit the "back" icon, and it will bring you right back to a lost message/page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts