StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 55k on the odo, so I expect new problems might appear. This one is new to me. I've been commuting every day and at either end of the ride (home and work), there's a stutter when decelerating at stop lights, etc. Usually the engine winds down smoothly, but it feels like it's choking. I don't get this on accel or when I'm cruising on the highway, so I'm having a hard time pinning down the source of the problem.

I've replaced the air filter (needed badly) and ran a few tanks of gumout/seafoam. Neither had any affect.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hasn't been many thousands of miles since I last did a TBS, but it's worth a check. I need to just take the time to inspect the whole fuel system. The engine runs fine and there's no problem with idle. I'm wondering if a sticky throttle cable could make it feel like a fuel problem?

·
Banned
158 Posts
It's hasn't been many thousands of miles since I last did a TBS, but it's worth a check. I need to just take the time to inspect the whole fuel system. The engine runs fine and there's no problem with idle. I'm wondering if a sticky throttle cable could make it feel like a fuel problem?
Thinking maybe the TPS is being tricked by sticky TC. Hmmm sounds pausible.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The throttle cables are Teflon lined. It would be odd if they were sticky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts