StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody actually tried one? How are they? I like the looks of it, but, does it work? Please reply if you have any info.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I have the new Super touring model from Fairingscreens.com, also known as MRA (motorcycle Replacement Airshields) here in the states. This is my third and last shield! Stock shield is Horrible.
I have my 27 in tall and I look over it easily. I love mine.. allows me to ride with my fullface helmet with little buffeting, no earplugs and open face shield!!! He will make them to any height without extra cost. runs about $89 ......I would post some pictures but don't know how here.
If anyone know how I can post pics let me know!!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
351 Posts
MRA

There is a picture of the MRA screen under the topic of windshields on this site. Does any one know if there are any North American distributors and who are they. The Canadian distributor would be prefered for me. I like the idea of the adjustable air foil. I still have the original 02 screen. When ever I stand up on the foot pegs I'am in clean air. Thinking about cutting down the original screen to get my head in clean air. 6'2" 32" inseam

Scooter

G

·
0 Posts
Sent email to eurocorsa to check some prices on the Vario.

SemperVee, did you get any of these ones:?

I kinda like the looks of the one fairingscreens make for the 04 mount below, but I don't know if it works ok, or if there is any hardware available so it can be mounted to an 03/02.. :

Gisle

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I have the one in the picture... Works great. I am very happy with it.
My search is now over and I can enjoy this bike the way it was meant to be ridden in comfort.

·
Registered
351 Posts
s

Stromies

Thanks for the useful info!, I'm sold. I have stuck with my original 02 Screen since new. Time for an upgrade, once my battered Strom gets repaired. Does anyone know if the guy will cut in different types of NACC vents?

Scooter

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Scooter, Call Marcel @ 775 315 3391 (fairingscreens.com) - He specializes in custom sized windshields.

G

·
0 Posts
Well, I finally had the money to get one of these MRA screens for my K3, and I am so thrilled with it. While it still enables me to cool off alittle, the buffeting is reduced to the level it should have been from the factory.
It installed in 5 minutes, and is of nice quality. Where I previously was struggeling over 50 mph, I now can comfortably cruise up to 90 (didn't try any faster). I find myself upshifting earlier, as I can hear the engine better with the reduced noice. Allthough at the test ride I also had on a new HJC CL 14, so that may have contributed to the bliss, but quieter for sure.

The only concern I have is that I'm going to ride faster, due to the comfort.

Anyway, in case you're still looking, the variotouring has been a great choice for me. (6'. tall)

Safe riding,
Gisle :)

D

·
0 Posts
You guys aren't looking over these screens, are you? Don't take this the wrong way, but they look huge and overpower the whole look of the bike, to me. I do prefer just looking over the top of a screen, though, rather than thru it. From the picture there, it appears you must be looking thru it, that's gotta suck when it rains, no?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I am looking over the screen easily..... Never look thru it. I like the sitting straight up position.
I love the look of the tall screen. That and the Zuki hard saddle bags make the bike what I like.. A great sport touring bike!
Now all I need is s Corbin or other seat that I can do a 500 mile day in easily!

6000 miles in 5 months & counting!

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, if you say so! Just doesn't look like it from the pictures.

Color me jealous, I want a 650 baaaaad! I think my magna will have to do for a few more months, though. L8r

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm seriously considering the MRA Vario Touring Screen after having read a review of it in Motorcycle Voyager magazine. Everyone here who's used it seems to like it too. I'm curious if anyone here has anything bad to say about these windshields. By the way, the German manufacturer's site (http://www.mra.de/English/PRODUCTS.HTM) only lists a 2003 model. Does anyone know if this will fit the 2002 bikes as well? They also list one now for the DL650. In addition to the Canadian distributor, I also found a US distributor at http://www.streetfighters-usa.com/mra_windscreens.htm.

Bob

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't why I hadn't noticed this before, but Twisted Throttle also carries the MRA VarioTouring Windscreen and explains that there is a model for both 02 and 03. Since everybody raves about the service from Twisted Throttle, it might be wise to go there first if you are buying. Right now I'm making up my Christmas gift wish list at their website, and they do have gift certificates too.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts