StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get the new Gerbing heated pants liners today (gyde).

Im 6'1 185lb. So I always order a Large in pants. The waist on these is fine. The actual length is fine. But the legs are SUUUPER baggy. What gives? These are suppose to be liners worn under riding gear. shouldn't they be snug to the body, or at least relatively close? Im not joking, they are like MC hammer pants.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
I guess i'm glad I went with the First Gear heated pants then. They fit perfect under riding pants. I would describe their fit as loose tights.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess i'm glad I went with the First Gear heated pants then. They fit perfect under riding pants. I would describe their fit as loose tights.
yea im wondering if First Gear heated pants can connect to Gerbing heated jacket and work with gerbing controller etc

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
yea im wondering if First Gear heated pants can connect to Gerbing heated jacket and work with gerbing controller etc
I'm pretty sure they can, I have first gear jacket liner, gerbing gloves and gerbing controller and everything plugs in and works fine.

I don't have pants though, so not sure how those connect. I think there is an extra connector at the bottom of the jacket liner.

·
Administrator
13,820 Posts
Gerbing isn't the same company it previously was.

If you can, go with Warm n Safe. They are plug and play with Gerbing (or more properly Gerbing is Plug and Play with Warm n Safe since Warm n Safe was first to use the Coaxial connector)

My wife just got some and they are a bit stretch so fit nice and snugly without being tight or baggy. Plus they have a better warranty, great quality and are real nice people to deal with.

..Tom

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
My Gerbing pants fit nice, not baggy at all.

BUT, Vtom is correct. Gerbing has went through a LOT of changes and is far from the same company it was earlier. I probably won't be buying Gerbings gear again........

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
"probably won't be buying Gerbings gear again......."

No more lifetime warranty. Like an Oklahoma guarantee, if it breaks half in two, you get to keep both halves.
Some companies had great warranties. My Hein Gereke Dakar leathers were repaired free a couple times. Broken zippers, pant pockets ripped, fixed gratis.
Shucks, times change, Dang!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
yea ive got a dealer acct with 'first gear' which is made by warmNsafe. ill get their stuff. anyone have a jacket liner from first gear? hows that fit? the gerbing jacket is like a loose windbreaker. again, would much rather have something more tight fitting

·
Vendor
5,430 Posts
If you liked the old Gerbing, you will like the new California Heat, LLC.

The US workers abandoned by the new owners of Gerbing started their own company. I have some of the gear and it is top notch. Best heated gloves I have ever experienced and essentially the same as the previous Gerbing gear with the previous dedication to customer service.

You can get their stuff direct off of their website. https://californiaheatllc.com/

·
Registered
528 Posts
yea ive got a dealer acct with 'first gear' which is made by warmNsafe. ill get their stuff. anyone have a jacket liner from first gear? hows that fit? the gerbing jacket is like a loose windbreaker. again, would much rather have something more tight fitting
i've got the Firstgear setup. Fits true-to-size. Order the size you normally would and it should fit nicely over a single, thin layer of clothing (i.e. long underwear), and under your outer protective riding gear.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i've got the Firstgear setup. Fits true-to-size. Order the size you normally would and it should fit nicely over a single, thin layer of clothing (i.e. long underwear), and under your outer protective riding gear.
I have Firstgear setup too and it's awesome. I have the Gerbing controller due to it being better to see and control. Just a choice of mine. I have the FG heated pants liner Firstgear Heated Pant Liner - RevZilla
which are just a bit looser than long johns. I wear normal underwear, then the heated pants liner, then long johns over them and insulated riding pants. These are the only ones you will need! MotoCentric Brigade Pants - Motorcycle Superstore

The have a removal liner and they fit quite well. On top I wear the FG jacket liner under my Tourmaster jacket and it keep me quite warm down to the mid 20's. (I remove the TM liner) I am thinking about adding heated liners for my boots too. If its just for an hour or 3, no problem but last weekend I went for a 8 hour ride in 32 degree weather and my feet were frozen! It was good to hop in the shower when I got home!

Anyhow - just my setup for a Chicago rider! Yours might be different for where you live! And no, I don't ride too often under 32 degrees. :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have Firstgear setup too and it's awesome. I have the Gerbing controller due to it being better to see and control. Just a choice of mine. I have the FG heated pants liner Firstgear Heated Pant Liner - RevZilla
which are just a bit looser than long johns. I wear normal underwear, then the heated pants liner, then long johns over them and insulated riding pants. These are the only ones you will need! MotoCentric Brigade Pants - Motorcycle Superstore

The have a removal liner and they fit quite well. On top I wear the FG jacket liner under my Tourmaster jacket and it keep me quite warm down to the mid 20's. (I remove the TM liner) I am thinking about adding heated liners for my boots too. If its just for an hour or 3, no problem but last weekend I went for a 8 hour ride in 32 degree weather and my feet were frozen! It was good to hop in the shower when I got home!

Anyhow - just my setup for a Chicago rider! Yours might be different for where you live! And no, I don't ride too often under 32 degrees. :)

thanks for all the helpful info! ill get the first gear stuff but ill keep the garbing controller. its actually wireless now. they don't sell the standard dual controllers anymore. just the wireless, and the Bluetooth one. I got the standard wireless one so no need to keep phone charged etc

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
If you liked the old Gerbing, you will like the new California Heat, LLC.

The US workers abandoned by the new owners of Gerbing started their own company. I have some of the gear and it is top notch. Best heated gloves I have ever experienced and essentially the same as the previous Gerbing gear with the previous dedication to customer service.

You can get their stuff direct off of their website. https://californiaheatllc.com/
I got their jacket liner at the BMW Nationals, in Billings, at a great price. They are good people and stand behind their products. I hope they are doing well and expand their product line.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Yep, I agree with others about Gerbing's customer service. I had a question about my gloves and I called and left a message and also emailed and they never got back to me. Their jacket liner works awesome though and the gloves are okay but I'll be switching brands next time.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
It's really too bad about Gerbings. They used to be a fine company and a nice day trip away from me.

I'm still on the lookout for replacements for their Cascade stuff. (Water tight outer wear with heated liners that zip in.) It's perfect for my winter commuting - quick and easy to pull on and take off and durable. Unfortunately, my set is in the twilight of its life.

I guess I'll have to go with separate layers that you have to put on one at a time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the helpful info. Sending back the garbing pants and jacket liner. I bought the FG jacket liner and pant liners. I like the garbing Hero gloves so im keeping them.

as far as those MotoCentric pants you speak of ..... id like to buy a pair. How is sizing though? I would normally order a Large but on Supersotres site, the motocentric sizing chart shows a Large to be 36-38 waist!

Im 6'1" and wear jeans that are 34/32. Im about 180lb. The Medium look like they only have a 31 length ...... what size did you get?

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Gerbing isn't the same company it previously was. If you can, go with Warm n Safe and are real nice people to deal with...Tom
+1000 My W&S stuff works great 5 years and counting

·
Registered
267 Posts
thanks for the helpful info. Sending back the garbing pants and jacket liner. I bought the FG jacket liner and pant liners. I like the garbing Hero gloves so im keeping them.

as far as those MotoCentric pants you speak of ..... id like to buy a pair. How is sizing though? I would normally order a Large but on Supersotres site, the motocentric sizing chart shows a Large to be 36-38 waist!

Im 6'1" and wear jeans that are 34/32. Im about 180lb. The Medium look like they only have a 31 length ...... what size did you get?
I would go up at least one size, maybe two - they run really small

1 - 18 of 18 Posts