StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently over torqued one of the generator cover bolts when I was fitting a skid plate bracket and the bolt snapped. I now need to remove the generator cover to be able to extract the remaining section of the bolt. I'm going to change the oil soon, so will do this at the same time. I've got a replacement gasket for the generator cover and a new bolt. Can anyone confirm if it will also be necessary for me to drain the clutch fluid and detach the clutch release cylinder to be able to remove the generator cover ? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
I recently over torqued one of the generator cover bolts when I was fitting a skid plate bracket and the bolt snapped. I now need to remove the generator cover to be able to extract the remaining section of the bolt. I'm going to change the oil soon, so will do this at the same time. I've got a replacement gasket for the generator cover and a new bolt. Can anyone confirm if it will also be necessary for me to drain the clutch fluid and detach the clutch release cylinder to be able to remove the generator cover ? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks
There is no separate fluid for the clutch. Drain the engine oil and you're ready to take off that cover.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The clutch release cylinder is a closed container like the brake calipers. It can be moved as long as the hose is not removed. I don't think it is in the way of the magneto cover anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts