Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the armchair general that I am, here is what I wish Suzuki would do:

1 - Your stock windscreen on 04 and later V-stroms are well known to be worthless, lots of brain rattling turbulance, why don't you fix them? The aftermarket has supplied the fixes, so why can't the bike designer figure it out?

2 - You could redesign the V-Strom to look a bit slimmer at the front, without sacrificing fuel capacity. I'm talking the tank / fairing area.

3 - What's up with the SV650 Standard redesign into the Gladius? It looks good but has gained weight, lost fuel capacity and there's no way I know of to put a windscreen around that modern headlight, or least you could offer a decent screen. I'll keep my 07 SV650. You went from aluminum frame to steel...........and heavy. If I want to buy a good looking bike that doesn't work I'll go back to Harley Davidson.

3 - Why don't you stick a Hayabusa engine in a sport touring bike? You've got the engine already, it makes plenty of torque so don't detune it too much and compete with the ST's, FJR's etc.... But don't make it so heavy. Basically, give us a busa with much more upright seating and decent wind protection, maybe slighty more plush suspension and standard hard bags. You're B-King was goofy, give us something we can travel on. Give your new sport touring bike standard heated grips and a good seat and an electrical outlet would be nice.

Warren

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other thing, you could make a really awesome bike that would appeal to more people if you would just take something like your GSXR1000 and give it a sport touring riding position and re-do the fairing and screen to give it much better wind protection and don't change anything else, don't go steel frame, cheap brakes and suspension, leave the dang thang alone but just add the more upright riding position and some real wind protection. And by some mirical you designed some nice looking but modest sized sport touring hard bags that would be great.

Warren

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I agree with your suggestions, Skyway_Rider.

Many of us are also less than enthusiastic about the styling of the 'Gladius'. I don't understand changing something just for the sake of change. Agree - lighter weight is always better.

I would like to second your suggestion of making a sport tourer out of the GSXR and/or the Busa. Kawasaki's C-14 is being well received.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My first impression of the gladius, especially with the color options, is that it looks like a girls bike. Sorry if that sounds sexist. It just doesn't scream "take me seriously."

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
1 - Your stock windscreen on 04 and later V-stroms are well known to be worthless, lots of brain rattling turbulance, why don't you fix them? The aftermarket has supplied the fixes, so why can't the bike designer figure it out?
I disagree. I have 30k miles with my stock screen and have no urge to change to anything else. Leave the stock screen the way it is.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
gladius

the gladius engine has been improved over the SV mill , more torque , slightly higher HP , lighter valve train , heaver fly wheel , improved oil cooling [oil/water] rather than oil/air . smaller radiator . the weight gain is partly from the greener exhaust system .

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
bandit touring

One other thing, you could make a really awesome bike that would appeal to more people if you would just take something like your GSXR1000 and give it a sport touring riding position and re-do the fairing and screen to give it much better wind protection and don't change anything else, don't go steel frame, cheap brakes and suspension, leave the dang thang alone but just add the more upright riding position and some real wind protection. And by some mirical you designed some nice looking but modest sized sport touring hard bags that would be great.

Warren
im not sure if you guys get the bandit touring , but in canada we have the bandit touring model , water cooled gsxr engine , hard bags , and at a very affordable price , 1250 cc

·
Registered
181 Posts
Canadian Bandit touring model

im not sure if you guys get the bandit touring , but in canada we have the bandit touring model , water cooled gsxr engine , hard bags , and at a very affordable price , 1250 cc
Why not in USA I wonder. Is it just a Canadian model-? Of course this thread is one and a half years old ....:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Unfortunately, that is not the GSXR engine in the touring model Bandit. It is a motor designed specifically for the Bandit and does not appear in any other models.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I got one of the Hayabusa sport tours, Notice the handle bars and the large wind sheld... Its not OEM but its seat upright and is very comfortable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts