StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has/has installed Gen2 crash bars/skid plate from Gen2, do they fit?

Looking at HEED and Outback

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
I believe the two generations are identical in that area. I know they take the same OEM lower (plastic) cowling. From what I've seen, Givi and all the other companies sell the same bash plate for both models.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a Givi Skid Plate and R&G crash guards. The R&G only has two mounting points, but it doesn't interfere with the Givi and it's nice and light and not intrusive.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the touratech skid plate but I have a 2017 and the website says it wont fit a 2017+. I thought the engine was the same.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
No problem

I switched over SW motek bash plate, engine guards & centerstand from my 2013 Wee to my 2017 Wee. They all fit fine. Had to buy new Happy Trails SU side racks because Suzuki redesigned the bike’s subframe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
should be fine, I swapped altrider sump/engine guards no issues. Actually the frames are exactly the same, I know this because I dropped a 2012 frame into a 2017xt, apart from some minor head stem engineering changes where the frame rails meet the head stem casting, but all bolt holes and dimensions are the same.
Yes, 2017 rear sub frame is different, but sub frame bolts to the frame the same. I modified my rear racks to suit the 2017 subframe, some bolt hole changes mostly, not too bad.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should be fine, I swapped altrider sump/engine guards no issues. Actually the frames are exactly the same, I know this because I dropped a 2012 frame into a 2017xt, apart from some minor head stem engineering changes where the frame rails meet the head stem casting, but all bolt holes and dimensions are the same.

Yes, 2017 rear sub frame is different, but sub frame bolts to the frame the same. I modified my rear racks to suit the 2017 subframe, some bolt hole changes mostly, not too bad.
Do the plastics on 17+ extend farther away? I am more concerned about interference thnx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, Clearance might be a bit tighter at the bottom of the radiator cowl, but still fits fine

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts