StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious who makes the gel seat for Suzuki it seems to be well made and feels super? thanks wilbur-j

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
On the topic of, is the gel seat taller than the OEM 650 seat?

·
0 Posts
I think the gel seat is the same height as the 1000 seat...so yes, slighty higher...and a little better seating position.

Scarlot has the gel seat, so if you come by Firedog's, give his a try.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine came in a Corbin box..................That would suggest Corbin makes it for Suzuki

Mine came in a Suzuki box... so that suggests... :D

I remember reading that the folks that show up at rallies to add gel inserts to your seat are the same folks that make it for Suzuki - Saddleman was the name given to me.

For those interested, I'll have one for sale soon.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yeah I really don't think it's made by Corbin. It's a really nice seat for the money though, except for how hot it gets if you leave it out in the sun. :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
On the topic of, is the gel seat taller than the OEM 650 seat?
It's a shitload taller than the stock seats. Because of its width, it acts like it is about an inch taller than the stock DL1000 seat.

I keep a low Wee seat on my DL1000 for riding around the area and put the gel seat on when I'm going somewhere more than 100 miles away. I can put both feet on the ground with the Wee seat and only one with the gel seat.

The gel seat, unlike all of the stock seats, does not put my private parts to sleep in 20 miles.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Kind of off topic as well, but I was wondering if anyone had a comparison between Sargent and the gel seat... I will be getting a seat, but I don't know which one... I'm 6-4 34 inseam 240... the stock seat hurts...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah I really don't think it's made by Corbin. It's a really nice seat for the money though, except for how hot it gets if you leave it out in the sun. :cool:
and that problem is easily solved by adding an Alaska Leather sheepskin buttpad to the seat. together with the Madstad about the most essential and inexpensive addon to all Stroms, imho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts