StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any riders in the Pittsburgh area have a gel seat and wouldn't mind letting me put a few miles on it? I would like to get one before October but would like to try it first. Please let me know. I'll try to make it worth your while.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm not in PA, but if you come down to VA I'll let ya. :D

And once I get my Mayers seat, the gel will be for sale...

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I was asking was because I can't find any bad reviews about the gel seat. Why are you getting rid of yours?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The gel seat is much better than the stock seat for me. With the stock seat, I was good for about 50 miles before I started to wiggle in the seat.

The gel seat makes it a good 300 miles - but (or is it butt?) after that it gets painful for me. And after a ten day ride of 400-500 miles a day, I was not as happy as I'd like to be.

I need to be able to do 500+ mile days - I was able to do that on the Mustang seat I had on the last bike, so I'm looking for a way to make that happen on the Strom. I spoke with Rick Mayers at the BMW rally in VT. - I tried his seat and it seems like it might do the job, but (or is it still butt?) only time and a long ride will tell.

I think for a lot of people, the gel seat is great - and a good value! But (here we go again), I'm looking for more.

Take care,
Bob S.

T

·
0 Posts
Test Sit?

Bob,

I would like to get a sit on a gel seat before buying also. I'm under the weather now but will PM you when I can get south on an upcoming Sunday.

Tom

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: Test Sit?

toma nova said:
Bob,

I would like to get a sit on a gel seat before buying also. I'm under the weather now but will PM you when I can get south on an upcoming Sunday.

Tom
No problem - well, no problem as soon as I get my bike out of the shop. I hope that is tomorrow or Friday. :D

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the offer Redbeard, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one. I want to order it as soon as possible to make sure I have it before the rally in October.

Bob

·
Registered
316 Posts
No problem - depending on my schedule, I might make that one too.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Administrator
16,787 Posts
spongebob218 said:
Thanks for the offer Redbeard, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one. I want to order it as soon as possible to make sure I have it before the rally in October.

Bob
Can you buy me one too? You can give it to me when we meet up! :lol:
I too am debating getting the gel seat, I had the OEM gel on my Bandit and it was incredible. I have the Alaska Leather buttpad, and it has REALLY made a huge difference in longevity and comfort. I can't imagine how comfy I"ll be with "both" on my bike.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big B said:
spongebob218 said:

Bob
I too am debating getting the gel seat, I had the OEM gel on my Bandit and it was incredible. I have the Alaska Leather buttpad, and it has REALLY made a huge difference in longevity and comfort. I can't imagine how comfy I"ll be with "both" on my bike.
You mail me a check for $160 and I'll pick it up for ya. 8) My local dealer can get them in about a week after ordered. Mine should be in on Tuesday.

·
Administrator
16,787 Posts
spongebob218 said:
Big B said:
spongebob218 said:

Bob
You mail me a check for $160 and I'll pick it up for ya. 8) My local dealer can get them in about a week after ordered. Mine should be in on Tuesday.
My wife is wonderful...she said that I can order one before the trip! I order from Oneida Suzuki, and it usually only takes 3 to 4 days to get parts from them. I get the seat for $161 shipped....that aint too bad! Looks like we will both have a more comfortable ride. Get the Alaska Leather pad if you haven't yet....they are awesome.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My local dealer surprised me for a change. Their original price for the seat is $169.99. When told them I could get it from Oneida for $141.99, they came down to $149.99+TAX=$158.98. Works for me.

Now I need to get a good tent and sleeping bag. I may get a set of aerostitch tank panniers also. We'll see.

F

·
0 Posts
Seats which one

I have thought about corbin or sergant what are anyone's experiance's with either. vynel ;; leather?? gel?? a buddy of mine just boubht a corbin for his DRZ-400 I was not impressed with the quality they told him to send it back and they would take care of it.. the stitching was horrible!!

·
Administrator
16,787 Posts
Are ya gellin???

Well.....got home from work 2day, and the wonderful UPS man had left me a present. I ordered a new Gel seat from Xtreme Suzuki last Thursday. They are fantastic to deal with....how is this for a good price.... $142.78 shipped! Very nice and professional, the parts guy said they had sold "2" Stroms just that day. He had nothing but good things to say, about BOTH bikes. I have heard about some wrinkle issues with some of the gel seats, as well as a large gap between frame and seat. My seat has a flawless finish, and I don't think the gap is really very noticeable. Yes, there is more of a gap...but I can easily live with it, or modify it later. This seat fits more snug, and seems to move around less than stock unit. I sat my butt on it, and can tell that it will be a nice improvement. I am looking really forward to breaking it in, during the Stromtrooper Rally.

Later,

BB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts