StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone in Australia has a gel seat ,if so did you buy it here? If not any suggestions of the cheapest way to go about getting one...thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Dave , I haven't got a gel seat on my wee but i was fortunate enough to get a great deal on a Corbin 2 piece seat from my local Suzuki dealer, the Corbin seat does seat you slightly further back and supports your lower back although the seat is wider at the front so if a rider has shorter legs they might find that keeping both feet flat on the ground a bit awkward ,the seat is comfortable ,i was quoted approx: $800 for a new seat and an 8 week wait so when i saw this one which happened to be only 3 months old on a wee that had been traded in i took the wee for a run then asked if the sales guy if he would be interested in doing a deal on the seat , he said just ask the dealership owner ,he had dramas with it and they even fitted the seat for me as the seat locking mechanism needs to be relocated further back . cheers mate Paul.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Just curious if anyone in Australia has a gel seat ,if so did you buy it here? If not any suggestions of the cheapest way to go about getting one...thanks
Most people just buy an Airhawk or similar then you can move it from bike to bike.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I cheated, I scrounged some old gel keyboard wrist rests from work, unstapled the seat cover and slipped them between the seat base and foam.

Having had to ride two days recently with my spare stock seat, I gotta say it's a BIG improvement.

Pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding Paul, its not that I am so unhappy with the stock 650 seat, although I have a feeling that if I tried another seat I would never put the stocker back on. I would really like to try a DL1000 seat as it looks a better shape.Sounds like you got a good deal on the Corbin and it sounds like your happy with it.If the biggest problem I have with my new DL650 is the seat ,then its not such a big problem.I will keep searching the net for a bargain ,cheers Dave...PS Gel keyboard wrist rests lol(photo?)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Keep an eye on the advrider.com spare parts forum.

I got a near new 1000 seat for under a $100. Cost me much more to ship it here, but I managed to combine it with a few other things and I am happy.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I found the solution was to modify the existing stock seat. Cost me $41 NZD and is so very comfortable. Have mentioned this in other posts if you want to have a look or theres a pretty good tutorial at Modify Seat

I'm very pleased with the result, especially since it only took around three hours and at minimal cost. Also something I forgot to mention in the previous posts is that the seat doesn't even look at if its been modified.

Happy riding.
C

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
+1 on that website - i used those methods/ ideas to reshape my seat and it become perfectly fine on my multi day trip with over 800km/day at least 3 days in a row.

I once did a stint for 1700kms over 27 hours - the seat wasnt an issue at all.

if u dont want to do it yourself - suggest Aust Motorcycle Components - Sargent seat retails for $550 and if i know they keep a few strom seat in stock which means u get it within 48 hours. Cost is about the same as u would importing it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts