StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Tourmaster Over-pants and love them. They are like an old pair of Jeans, they fit great and are very comfortable.

However with the summer approaching I feel I'm going to need some light-weight over-pants. I need over-pants as I work in an office with a dress code and I don't want to have to change clothes every day. I don't really need waterproof but I want the knee and hip amour. I ride 50 miles each way about 1:15 in traffic so something cool and breathable on a hot day is a must.

So what do you wear/recommend?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
i have a pair of technik supervent pants i like rather well.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Klim dakar pants, Scorpion (Commander ?) coat with all the liners removed, and a white full face lid. Light weight gloves.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been wearing the Motoport Stretch Kevlar Street Jeans for the past 2 years. While not as airy as their AirMesh kevlar, they do a very good job in the summer months. The Kevlar blend material does not hold heat and are sitll airy enough to not overheat. I ordered them large enough to be worn as overpants over my khakis.

While not as airy as and light as a pair of Polyester mesh pants, they protection they offer is leaps and bounds over what a polyester pant will provide.

The new Olympia X-moto pant looks like a pretty good option made with true codura. Had those been available back then, I would have strongly considered those as well.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I wear Olympia Airglide jacket and pants. I actually wear it all year using the liners if the weather dictates though I pretty much limit my riding to fair weather now. It works fine for me. In my closet I have a couple of Aerostich suits and a Motoport jacket. Good stuff but I wanted to try something less expensive. Mesh is great for the desert heat and the humidity in the East and MidWest.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Another vote for the Olympia Airglide II pants as I too wear them and they are stowed near me at work alongside of my Airglide jacket. They both fit just great over dress pants and shirt and getting in and out of them is pretty easy.

In the late spring and summer the liners come out for good and it's all totally breathable cool mesh. There are a few transitional days in Spring and Fall when the liners are used in the morning but come out for the afternoon ride home, no big deal though.

The silver color helps reflect sun and stay cool. In the winter the liners for both pants and jacket are good into the low 30's and even high 20's now that I have heated grips and the capillary effect of warm fingers n'hands seems to help. This assumes you wear some additional layers for the really cold stuff, like a neck gaiter at least.

Only downside is that wearing just one jacket and pants year round, they're starting to look kinda grungy after two years but there's this "soap" stuff I read about (on another forum) that I might try.... :)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
A fourth on the Olympia Airglide top and bottom.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so Airglide looks like the popular option, now Airglide 2 or 3? Are they much the same? I found Airglide 2's for $149. Airglide 3's are $220.

·
Registered
490 Posts
As I understand the difference is in the liners. The new ones have a 2 piece (waterproof/insulated) liner and the 2's have a one piece (waterproof and insulated) liner. For wear as regular pants buy your jean size, for overpants go one size up.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I just wear a 1-piece aerostich roadcrafter. Used to wear a fieldsheer 1-piece. I think the 'stich will be warmer in the summer, but I can deal. It's got plenty of vents.

Wearing the fieldsheer on 100+ degree days was a tad rough. Moving was okay, but stopped at lights was hell. Fortunately we don't have to worry about being stopped on the freeway here.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I break out the full line of Hawaiian thongs for summer.... :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
How about those of you who live in the Southeast? What do you wear when the temp goes over 100 degrees and the humidity goes over 90%?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wear some Speed and Strength pants with a zip-out section that exposes a mesh liner that allows air to flow through. I can get the model if you're interested, but my recommendation would be to try over-pants on because they are not the easiest things to get a good fit on, and I don't think I would order online.

·
Administrator
13,808 Posts
Two piece Aerostich every day hot or cold, rain or shine. I only change what is under it (shorts and moisture wicking shorts on hot days, layers of warm stuff on cold days.)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
I wear some Speed and Strength pants with a zip-out section that exposes a mesh liner that allows air to flow through. I can get the model if you're interested, but my recommendation would be to try over-pants on because they are not the easiest things to get a good fit on, and I don't think I would order online.
They're the Hell and Back pants - I have a pair. Typical 34" waist/32" jean wearing - I got the size Large, and use them as an overpant. The zip out panel really works too [the grey area on the thigh and waist]. Lots of horrible Michigan 99.8% humidity 100 degree days, and these pants protect and keep cool. They also are unusual in that the knee pads are adjustable - two separate pocket locations, and it has real hip pads [removeable]. The waist adjusters actually have a useful range, unlike almost every other vented overpant I've ever tried. If this stuff works in hot, sweet and sticky Michigan, it'll work anywhere!

I also use a size Large, SPEED AND STRENGTH MOMENT OF TRUTH SP MESH JACKET. Motorcycle Superstore is blowing these out at $129 - I might pick up another! It's incredibly comfortable, and well designed - feels like you're wearing a light cotton tee shirt it's so cool, but it has lotsa armor and solid cordura in the danger places. Lots of clever design details too - it's not a cheap feeling jacket by any stretch.

·
Registered
522 Posts
One piece Olympia Stealth. It's vented, cool and armored. I keep a rainsuit in tail bag.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dang!!! I was going to do a thread on this and post up picts...but I'm not ready, camera busted! Cause I'm happy with my new summer gear.

I went with the Teknic Mesh Jacket, and new dual sport helmet from Atomic Moto.....stayed with my leather pants. Vented white leather gloves to reflect the sun. Got the Icon gloves and they were overpriced and suck. Oh well.

The helmet is cool. I've got this expensive Joe Rocket helmet that cost three times as much as this AFX helmet two years ago...

This Months BOMBS by Atomic Moto

And I already like the less expensive AFX more. Less buffeting too.

Plus, I got the Cal Sci shorty shield. Waiting for the Madstad bracket to arrive.

So, I think I'm ready for summer! Yeah!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts