StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gear lever just fell off today while riding. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a reason why?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's happened on earlier models. Later models seem to have thread locker applied. I tried taking the shift lever shaft off of my '07 Wee to apply thread locker after seeing such reports but it wasn't coming off. Take off circlip #36 to access shaft #31 better and add some Loctite. There are flats to give a wrench a place to grip the shaft when screwing it back on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's happened on earlier models. Later models seem to have thread locker applied. I tried taking the shift lever shaft off of my '07 Wee to apply thread locker after seeing such reports but it wasn't coming off. Take off circlip #36 to access shaft #31 better and add some Loctite. There are flats to give a wrench a place to grip the shaft when screwing it back on.

Pat-

I have a feeling I'm going to be sending you a lot of messages like this one now that I've got a bit more time to 'breathe.' :)

This is not directly on-topic, but not off-topic either: Do you have a source for electronic-form maintenance manuals, or do you scan in paper diagrams, or ??? (Perhaps you're an alien who came to earth just to ride V-Stroms, and you do it all with Digital Tentacles... :confused:)

Anyway, I just love your info, thanks again-

Bob

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
A number of places have parts fiches online. I have MrCycles*Honda*Kawasaki Polaris*Suzuki*Yamaha*Motorcycles ATVS Scooters Utility Vehicles bookmarked for my bike. I change years, models and even manufacturers from that page if need be.

Since I purchased paper service manuals, I believe that allows me to use limited amounts of excerpts from online versions of manuals for educational purposes. Posting a link to complete online manuals is against forum regulations and using them at all without purchase would be a copyright violation.

·
Registered
46 Posts
A number of places have parts fiches online. I have MrCycles*Honda*Kawasaki Polaris*Suzuki*Yamaha*Motorcycles ATVS Scooters Utility Vehicles bookmarked for my bike. I change years, models and even manufacturers from that page if need be.

Since I purchased paper service manuals, I believe that allows me to use limited amounts of excerpts from online versions of manuals for educational purposes. Posting a link to complete online manuals is against forum regulations and using them at all without purchase would be a copyright violation.
I understand and agree with your ethics. I don't see a problem with accessing the blowups, which is really the high value for me.

Thanks yet again, I have the page for my ride bookmarked!

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts