StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to this just got a 2015 vstorm 650 I've just adjusted the gear leaver height by taking the bolt out of the main mounting shaft and pulling the leaver off the spline and rotating it two notches. When i put it back on it didn't feel right so i returned it to it's origional position. Now when i start it pull the clutch in and put it into gear the bike stalls its as if the clutch isnt working. It goes into gear but just stalls straight away.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Be aware the lever has a coarse and a fine adjustment. You did a coarse adjustment. The fine adjustment is done by loosening #34 and #37. #37 has a left hand thread so loosen either with a downward movement of the wrench. Then turn #29 for the fine adjustment.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Just curious why you moved two notches instead of starting with one? That would be a BIG change. I always found there was plenty of adjustment in the linkage as Greywolf noted above. A small adjustment there makes a pretty large difference in the position of the lever.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i looked at it again it was only moved one notch. Ended up using the fine adjustment for what i needed. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts