StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rode my bike for the 1st time today and I don't know if its my shoes or what but I feel like I really need to force my foot underneath the gear shifter. Maybe its just the shoes, I'm wearing hiking boots at the moment. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
392 Posts
boots

If the boots don't allow a fairly flexible ankle movement they'll be difficult at best. Takes time to get used to the shifter too.

Bill H.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
When I got my bike from the dealer, the controls weren't to my liking, and when I got home I lowered both the brake and the shifter. BE careful to adjust the brake-light switch if you adjust the brake.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I got my bike from the dealer, the controls weren't to my liking, and when I got home I lowered both the brake and the shifter. BE careful to adjust the brake-light switch if you adjust the brake.
How do you do that?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Both levers have height adjustability built into their linkage. The rear brake light switch has a large nut to adjust its height. #29 is a typical fine adjuster. Loosen the nuts #37 and #34. One has has a left hand thread, I think it's #34. Check the thread direction. Then turning #29 will raise or lower the lever. For a coarse change if needed, remove bolt #36, take #27 off the shaft and replace it moving one spline different.

#17 is the rear brake light switch. The large nut is the adjuster for the switch.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Both levers have height adjustability built into their linkage. The rear brake light switch has a large nut to adjust its height. #29 is a typical fine adjuster. Loosen the nuts #37 and #34. One has has a left hand thread, I think it's #34. Check the thread direction. Then turning #29 will raise or lower the lever. For a coarse change if needed, remove bolt #36, take #27 off the shaft and replace it moving one spline different.

#17 is the rear brake light switch. The large nut is the adjuster for the switch.

I had the same issue with my Vee until I began raising the shifter a little at a time until it was right for me. I have switched boots since then with no need for further adjustment. I imagine that the typical tall toe of a hiking boot might require greater adjustment.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hummm...I was thinking of moving it down to make it easier to shift while standing...:jawdrop:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts