StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bit the bullet after 30 years of not riding and tellin' my kids motorcycling was bad for their health and bought a V Strom 650A. So much for cred at family gatherings. Researched thoroughly(as we oldies do ad nauseum) and KNEW this was the right bike but was so lacking in confidence after all that time I just couldn't climb straight on one. Found a fantastic dealer (Mick's Motorcycles in Gawler, South Australia) who, over 3 days graduated me from a Honda 250 to a Suzuki 650 one banger off roader to the V Strom. Got my brand new orange V (christened Persimmon by my other half) and now have 700km under my belt and an indelible smile. Locals or passersby in mid north up for a ride feel free to message. Thanks to all for the great advice I've found on this forum.
SA Orange V

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Just bit the bullet after 30 years of not riding and tellin' my kids motorcycling was bad for their health and bought a V Strom 650A. So much for cred at family gatherings. Researched thoroughly(as we oldies do ad nauseum) and KNEW this was the right bike but was so lacking in confidence after all that time I just couldn't climb straight on one. Found a fantastic dealer (Mick's Motorcycles in Gawler, South Australia) who, over 3 days graduated me from a Honda 250 to a Suzuki 650 one banger off roader to the V Strom. Got my brand new orange V (christened Persimmon by my other half) and now have 700km under my belt and an indelible smile. Locals or passersby in mid north up for a ride feel free to message. Thanks to all for the great advice I've found on this forum.
SA Orange V
Welcome to the collective OrangeV. You have (finally) made the right choice. I used to always say "I reserved the right to get smarter" when I did something like that.:green_lol: You are in a beautiful country full of moto adventures and wonderful Vstrom riders to meet.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Welcome aboard mate.
Plenty of Stroms in Adelaide and surrounds from memory [met one for coffee on a ride over there a couple of years ago and know there are others].

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welcome to the assylum/nuthouse/funny farm :green_lol::green_lol:
Plenty of us older riders on here, love sharing our rides/photos, tall tales and outright lies :fineprint::yikes::thumbup:

Check out the SA Collective, a great place to join into some local rides, and don't forget to check out the Annual Gathering thread!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts