StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and traded in my Goldwing for a 2014 Harley Road King.

When I bought the Wing, I couldn't bring myself to trade in my Vee. When I traded the Wing for the RK, the dealer asked me if I'd consider trading the Vee as well to bring down the financed amount of the Harley. I thought about it for MAYBE 5 seconds when I once again realized that I couldn't bring myself to part with my Vee.

Long story short, this 2007 V-Strom is the first bike I've ever owned (in a long string of bikes over an even longer string of years) that I was simply unwilling to lose.

Yup, I'm attached and my Vee ain't goin' nowhere, regardless of her current stable mate. :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Congratulations on the Road King. I got a '14 myself a few months ago and haven't really been able to ride it as much as I went due to some health issues but I really love the bike, even more after a pair of slip ons, open air filter and download.
Hope you find that you enjoy yours as much, its a much different world than any other brand.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hmm, I guess this means we can't talk to you anymore ? Just kidding. Glad you kept your Vee. I'm rather attached to mine also, and I think the only bike I would swap her for would be a Wee but it would still cost me money, so I guess she will be sticking around.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Interesting (but not surprising) how few people on here can bother to say congratulations on your purchase. Yet in another thread they are all gaga about somebody dumping their Strom for a jeep or a Miata.
Next time get a jeep or a Miata and you will be a national hero here.
Well, I'll say it again, congratulations on the Road King, a MOTORCYCLE.

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
I went and traded in my Goldwing for a 2014 Harley Road King.

Congratulations!

They are quite different in appeal I think! I spent a decent amount of time one weekend (about 1,200 miles worth riding in the Mountains of Alberta and BC) on a 2010 Goldwing 1800 and was impressed as hell by the machine. I wonder how you feel the Road King compares.

Don't let snide remarks get you down. I am sure many people will give you congratulations. I didn't read this thread originally as I thought it was about using DarkSide tires (ie car tires on bikes.)

..Tom

·
Registered
835 Posts
Congrats!

I thought you put a car tire on the rear of your bike though. That's what's commonly referred to as going darkside.

I was going to tell you that you're going to go up in a ball of flames because car tires blah blah blah lol!

Anyway, I like the Road King. Demoed one at Daytona & was very pleased with the handling and response for a big cruiser.

But my cruiser days are over...and I ain't looking back!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats on getting the RK!

I enjoy commuting on the Strom and two up cruzin on our Vic Vision. Having both is a PITA cost wise sometimes but I wouldn't give up either bike.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I sold my RK in '03 after the big "D". I swear I almost teared up when the new owner loaded it up{sniff}....I really loved that bike. I made him promise to call me and give me first shot at it if he ever sold it. I picked up a DR350 a few years later but life was busy for me so I didn't do much riding.

6 or 7 years later I had the cash and wanted my RK back so I called the guy. He said, "Oh man, I didn't think you were serious...I just sold it a few months ago" ..............double {sniff}. Well that cash went someplace and I ended up with a DRZ & now the Wee. Someday I WILL own another RK because I think it is one of the best long distance road bikes ever made.

Congrats enjoy it and ride the wheels off that thing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts