StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Step 4 of “Gas tank removal “ in the owners manual tells me to “Remove the bolts and fasteners.” The manual picture is rather vague, and my question is, are the plastic pieces in the pictures the fasteners it’s referring to, and if so how do you remove them? Please help, because me and any sort of plastic fastener don’t get along I usually break one when I try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
With a small pointy tool, (toothpick, paper clip, etc.), push the center part in a couple mm. Then lift the entire piece out with fingernails or a tiny screwdriver. To install, pull center piece halfway out, gently work fastener back in hole until seated, then push center piece back in place.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You mean the plastic rivets with the movable center? You push the center in about 1/4 inch and the rivet releases. you can get a knife blade under the head of it and pull it out. once the rivet is out you push from the other end until the plastic pin is sticking out about 1/4 inch. you put the rivet in place holding pieces together and push the center pin in until it is flush with the head of the rivet. you can play with a rivet out in the open and see how it works. they get old and brittle. suzuki is very proud of them. not cheap from the dealer.

I see somebody beat me to it. but we basically agree.

·
Administrator
5,559 Posts
On the left - ready to install.
Middle - installed.

Push the middle peg in to remove it, but not all the way through or you may lose the peg.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts