StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm planning to take a week to meander around the state of Oregon in May, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good resource for fuel station locations. Not a problem for the most part, but they're likely to be scarce in the remote SE part of the state. Any help?

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
I use my Garmin GPS to tell me where stations are located on the fly. It works great. It will even take you there, then continue your original plan without a hitch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gas ststions

Wife and I tour Eastern Oregon about every year and never had a problem with gas other than last year with Denio being closed. We slowed down and made it fine to Paradise juntion 200 miles.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
SE OR has some remote areas, but not THAT remote. Just fill up when you see a station and your 300+/- mile range will easily get you to the next one.

I know there are stations in Burns Jct and Jordan Valley (and maybe still a good Basque restaurant in Jordan Valley!) and you can't get more remote than that.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
The major oil companies all have station locators on their websites.
A lot of the small towns only have mom-and-pop Kwikee-Stop type places. IIRC the one in Burns Jct is that.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
If Denio is closed, then just north, Fields, had gas. But that as a couple years ago.
My TomTom didn't show Fields but listed Denio.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get "GasBuddy" app for you phone, it has all kind of out of the way stations on it, along with the recent price of gas there.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Gas Buddy works great to let you know what stations are close

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Just fill up when you see a station
The best advice. You never know when one closed, or after closing hours, or the tank got rusty, or they can't afford a fill, or any other reason.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks!

Thanks for all the ideas, folks. I appreciate it. MikeB - 300 +/- miles?? In my dreams.

·
Registered
15,411 Posts
It's really boring but try riding at 50-55 and you can get good MPG.
Take some No-Doz first!
Oh, wait, Oregon is posted for 55! No problem.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
349 Posts
You might not have very good cell coverage out in that part of SE Oregon. If you use Gas Buddy, check it while you still have coverage.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
MikeB - 300 +/- miles?? In my dreams.
I got to 304 on the Cassiar Hwy before finding an open gas station, fully loaded with three large Givi bags and an oversized windscreen. '07 Wee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts