·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More good news...

http://www.news1130.com/news/topstory/article.jsp?content=20070427_124534_6920

Gas prices have hit another high
Friday, April 27 - 10:10:00 AM Jim Goddard

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - There is more sticker shock at the pump. Gasoline prices in the Lower Mainland hit a high of $1.25 today in several locations.

According to oil industry analyst company Purvin and Gertz, a port strike in France kept gasoline from being shipped to the east coast, which drove gas prices up across the continent.

Deidre Reid from Chevron says what's happening in Asia also is a factor in higher gas prices here. She says gasoline that was formerly available here and in the California market from some of the large Asian refineries, is now being used in China and India to help fuel their incredible growth.

Reid says west coast gas prices have also been affected by refinery problems in California, and the fact that many refineries have to shut down in the spring to do their annual maintenance.

For our US brethren, there's about 3.7843 litres in a gallon. That's about $4.73 a gallon, in Canadian $$$.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
$80.00 in my truck, every four or five days! Fack, I'm going to have to go back to work!

Might have to look into a Wee!

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Going to start commutting on my strom. Starting Monday - rain or shine - cold or warm.

Besides, the clutch in my Jeep is about to die and I don't have the cash to fix it right now.

Tige

·
Registered
30 Posts
My daily commute is 320 km (round trip). When I ride the Wee, I average 4.8
L/100 KM = $15.90 at $1.035/L (Canadian dollars).

My VW Jetta TDI gets about 5.5 L/100 km ==> $16.20 at $0.919/L

Not much savings using the bike!

Yesterday featured a 60 km/h gusty wind - it cost me $20 on the Wee. The Jetta is less affected by the wind.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow - now THAT is a comute! I'm hoping (because of the distance) relatively little of that is in the bumper-to-bumper category.

- BCB.
Highway 2 from Edmonton to Red Deer and back - superslab riding (thank goodness for XM!).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts