StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When riding yesterday after a long run down the hyway the engine started chugging on light load,, pulled in the clutch and engine dies... Pull over, it wont idle, runs ruff, spites into the intake..... Turned ignition off, opened the tank and it clears up..... This has happened three times now... Later that day heading home, it starts chugging again, pull over and there was fuel under the tank bag. took it off and left the cap open. It ran fine after that... SO... I thinking a plugged vent in the gas cap... Is it able to be cleaned? Any ideas welcome............

·
Administrator
16,787 Posts
Maybe the tank bag on top of the gas cap isn't helping things?:confused:

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the odd thing... Most bags sit on the gas cap... This bag fits real tight... I wonder if over time it has caused the vent to gum up..... I'll see if I can't blow it out today..

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
That's the odd thing... Most bags sit on the gas cap... This bag fits real tight... I wonder if over time it has caused the vent to gum up..... I'll see if I can't blow it out today..
Drill some large holes in the top of the tank. It'll let more air in and the bike will go faster.

Hey, I'm just trying to help out here...

:p

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh Please stop your killing me.............. lol

Update;

I think that was the problem... Using carb cleaner and compressed air I got the vent hole blown out. It ran perfect today on my 150 mile ride...

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And nobody cares.............................. nice

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
The first though I had when I read your post was a clogged vent line. Glad to see you got it fixed. Something worth noting.

SS

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, the bike has been running just great for a 1000 miles or so. Put the tank bag back on for an overnight trip. On the way home same thing happened. Rider behind me said it was super rich, ran just terrible, spitten, stallen... Took bag off restarted the bike like three times and off we went, ran fine the rest of the trip... Took bag and tossed it into the shed.
Wierd huh......... No FI light came on so I know there is no problems there....

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a closeout from New Enough... It has been discontinued. It is a Rapid Transit, forget the name......

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ha............ no kidding....

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Jeez, Heavy, I've had a tank bag on my '05 Wee since new without a problem... I think that one of those two rubber hoses that hang down on the right side is the gas tank overflow/vent. Plugged???

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There are two types of vents. The gas cap is one. The other is a tube to a charcoal canister which has another tube to the engine intake. Bikes that don't have charcoal canisters vent through the cap.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the wierd thing. Iv'e run tankbags from day one... Also mine has only the gascap vent, the other one is for the tank when you spill over the opening. (did that come out right)................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts