StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

After a ride I often smell fuel in the garage. I checked the bike for leaks and after a while I noticed that when the gas cap locks it doesn't actually close all the way - even though it's locked it seems to be a couple of mm above the tank. The smell is coming from there. If I push down on it with my fingers, the smell disappears. Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions appreciated, thank you in advance...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gas leak

Assuming no accidents or repaired tank then I would check the rubber gasket on the cap, if that is OK then gas cap hinge might be damaged and not allowing the cap to sit flat on the tank flange.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hi All,

After a ride I often smell fuel in the garage. I checked the bike for leaks and after a while I noticed that when the gas cap locks it doesn't actually close all the way - even though it's locked it seems to be a couple of mm above the tank. The smell is coming from there. If I push down on it with my fingers, the smell disappears. Has anyone dealt with this? Any suggestions appreciated, thank you in advance...
I would be interested to know if you have sometimes forced the cap closed without using the key. I know that some experienced riders on this forum do that and I have wondered if it could warp the tank mouth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts