StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my new Zumo 450 and I have a couple of questions.

1.) What is the difference between a "track" and a "route"?

2.) Is it possible to transfer more than 1 map at a time from MapSource to the Zumo?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
You can create as many routes as you want and transfer them all at once.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
You plan routes and create them, and what you have actually traveled is a track. You can create tracks and edit them, but tracks are usually the info your GPS has collected as you ride.

Yes you can load as many maps as your internal memory and SD card will hold. I have all of my topo and National parks 24k topo plus the NT8 maps loaded on my Zumo. Just make sure when you upload the maps you want go to the SD card so you don't fill you internal memory.

They are selectable through the map info page. You can check/uncheck the maps you want to view etc.

Only issue is if the NT8 or 2008 that comes with zumo is selected you wont get the detail of the topo maps etc. So uncheck the NT maps and leave the map you want to display checked.

PM me if you want more detail....... Got to love the Zumo. I have 7 GPS over 15 years and it is by far the best one I have owned when it comes to riding on a bike.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A track is where the vehicle has traveled. A route is built using the map and via points. I've never transferred a map to the Zumo. http://www.zumoforums.com/zumo/ is a good source for Zumo info.
Thanks grey. I've been making routes in MapSource and transferring them to the Zumo. I think it is easier than making the maps right in the Zumo, at least, so far it is for me.

I have a link to that forum but its been down the last couple of days. :???:

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'm going to play with it some more. Don't be surprised if you get a PM from me though.

You plan routes and create them, and what you have actually traveled is a track. You can create tracks and edit them, but tracks are usually the info your GPS has collected as you ride.

Yes you can load as many maps as your internal memory and SD card will hold. I have all of my topo and National parks 24k topo plus the NT8 maps loaded on my Zumo. Just make sure when you upload the maps you want go to the SD card so you don't fill you internal memory.

They are selectable through the map info page. You can check/uncheck the maps you want to view etc.

Only issue is if the NT8 or 2008 that comes with zumo is selected you wont get the detail of the topo maps etc. So uncheck the NT maps and leave the map you want to display checked.

PM me if you want more detail....... Got to love the Zumo. I have 7 GPS over 15 years and it is by far the best one I have owned when it comes to riding on a bike.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I tried and all I got was multiple copies of the first route in the series. Any tricks?
Are all your routes in the same .gpx or .gbd file?

If so make sure you import them when you get your Zumo back to operating mode. Go to user data, and it should prompt you to import them once they are transferred.

I sent you a PM call me if you still have issues.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are all your routes in the same .gpx or .gbd file?

If so make sure you import them when you get your Zumo back to operating mode. Go to user data, and it should prompt you to import them once they are transferred.

I sent you a PM call me if you still have issues.
All separate .gdb files. I've been doing them one at a time but I'll figure it out. :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts