StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have just posted here rather than necro'ing the thread from the '14-'16 model sub-forum. Does anyone have new / recent experience and pics of GPS, especially Zumo, mounting on the new DL1000s? I'm trying to decide on a solution to move my Zumo 660 to my '18. I used the SW Motech vibration dampened mount on my 650 and it was great but the new SW Motech for the '14+ is very different and I'm not sure I'd like it.

·
Administrator
13,345 Posts
I guess I should have just posted here rather than necro'ing the thread from the '14-'16 model sub-forum. Does anyone have new / recent experience and pics of GPS, especially Zumo, mounting on the new DL1000s? I'm trying to decide on a solution to move my Zumo 660 to my '18. I used the SW Motech vibration dampened mount on my 650 and it was great but the new SW Motech for the '14+ is very different and I'm not sure I'd like it.
I replied to your original post with the following:

I have had both my 660 and my 590 mounted on my 2015 DL1000 at the same time using Ram mounts on the handlebar. I (finally!) realized it was bit excessive so now just have the 590 mounted.

I have used Ram mounts to mount my GPs units on my Stroms since 2006 (and before that on My ultralight airplane since 2001) and have appreciated that they are naturally vibration damping.

I have been very satisfied with them. Your mileage may very.

..Tom

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replied to your original post with the following:

I have had both my 660 and my 590 mounted on my 2015 DL1000 at the same time using Ram mounts on the handlebar. I (finally!) realized it was bit excessive so now just have the 590 mounted.

I have used Ram mounts to mount my GPs units on my Stroms since 2006 (and before that on My ultralight airplane since 2001) and have appreciated that they are naturally vibration damping.

I have been very satisfied with them. Your mileage may very.

..Tom
Thanks Tom!

I assume you're using the U-bolt style handle bar mounts? Something like this: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-178U

·
Administrator
13,345 Posts
Thanks Tom!

I assume you're using the U-bolt style handle bar mounts? Something like this: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-178U
I have four ram mounts on my handlebars. At least two are attached using the U-Bolt type, the other two are mounted at the base of the mirrors with a Ram mount intended to be used there.

This one or something like it:

(It may have a bit of a bend in it I would have to go out to my bike and look.)

..Tom

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts