StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant decide on the best place to mount the Garmin? Anybody mounted one on the 2012 Wee is so would like to see a pic if possibe. Thankyou.

·
Administrator
17,093 Posts
I did a search and found allot.:fineprint:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Got mine on an SW Motech mount that's above the instruments and uses the screen mounts. Easy to see, easy to reach, not too badly affected by vibration from the road.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Got mine on an SW Motech mount that's above the instruments and uses the screen mounts. Easy to see, easy to reach, not too badly affected by vibration from the road.
Same here. The pic unmounted also has Madstad brackets. In actuality, the combo works best with the Madstads on the bottom holes and the SW-M on the tops. Some removal of material is required to so that but Madstad will be making the latest brackets to clear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been using the 660 for a couple of weeks now. I think it'll be a great tool once I learn how to upload my own routes. I use the cell phone feature and the mp3 unit with an interphone4 I bought mainly to use when the wife tags along. I ended up just using the Garmin hardware and mounted it as shown. It's convenient, and easy to tap and see.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the mount

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
418 Posts
Close to my left hand because I like to tap.

Stock hardware except for a dedicated RAM u-bolt with the ball on top, which is a little cleaner than the hybrid u-bolt/clutch perch mount that comes with the Zumo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts