1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've been watching the updates on this for a while, I've even put off buying a 550 so I can buy the 660 when it comes out.
I saw one place (maybe amazon?) taking preorders for the full $799 I think that will drop to around $650 once it actually hits the street.
Later,
Chris in Boston

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
so does that mean that the 550 will come down from $1000 now?

P.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
so does that mean that the 550 will come down from $1000 now?
Where the heck are you buying?
You can get a Zumo 550 for around Aus$850.00 (US$550.00) here. I would have thought that that was still more expensive than the street price in the USA.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
The 660 is a huge design change from the 550. Personally I really like the hard buttons. I would also hate to give up the easy to handle SD card for the easy to loose microSD card. Bye bye xm. The only feature that i would like to have in the ADP2 Bluetooth. A wider screen would be nice, but not at the cost of loosing all the other features.

But that's just my $.02

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you might need to inherit my old 550 at a good price, Tom.
Thanks Tom, let me know.:D If it weren't for my riding buddies selling me used stuff cheap, I wouldn't have hardly any farkles! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Should we start a "Who wants the old 550's thread?" (me me me)

KRS

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Anyone hear anything more about the 660? The Garmin website had been saying they were awaiting FCC approval, and expected to release on April 10th but now that statement is gone. I've heard a release date of early July.
I'll end up buying a 550 for my upcoming travels and forget about having the latest-greatest. :(
Chris in Boston

1 - 15 of 15 Posts