StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me which RAM mounting plate with a 1" ball lines up with the holes on the back of a Garmin Streetpilot motorcycle mount? The RAM site is a little thin on details, and I need to get them ordered this week so I can finish putting the front end of the bike back together next week. It's gettin' cold here and I need to put all the parts back on the bike so I can park the car next to it again!

Thanks, gang!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Can anyone tell me which RAM mounting plate with a 1" ball lines up with the holes on the back of a Garmin Streetpilot motorcycle mount? The RAM site is a little thin on details, and I need to get them ordered this week so I can finish putting the front end of the bike back together next week. It's gettin' cold here and I need to put all the parts back on the bike so I can park the car next to it again!

Thanks, gang!
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049052057090045071065049057085/Default.aspx

www.ram-mount.com/ramgps.htm

I have a C330 I got this one and they have several listed on their site. The only problem is the cradle did not have the electric attachment for the cigarette lighter hook up. The cradle was not available by itself.
Mike

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have been more specific... I have a Streetpilot 2820 and the Garmin mounting bracket for it. I need to piece together the RAM parts I need to make it fit and sit where I want it... I can easily find the 1" ball with the stud to mount to the mounting plate I made at work, and the clamp arm is simple enough, but I need the correct adapter plate that'll mount to the back of the Garmin mounting bracket and has a 1" ball on it... Similar to this one or this one or this one (What the heck is the difference aside from the part number??)

·
Registered
180 Posts
If I am reading your post correctly, I recommend that you ditch the Garmin mount (return it for a refund if you can) and buy this complete RAM package off of Amazon.com (or from your favorite retailer.) It has EVERYTHING you need (except the power cable) to hook your StreetPilot to your handlebars and it works very well.

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Systems-Handlebar-Streetpilot/dp/B000TFNKYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259733458&sr=8-1

If this is not what you are looking for, look at the customer reviews for the above product on Amazon. One of them mentions a RAM mounting kit that you can buy from GPSCity.com that works with the Garmin cradle.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I am reading your post correctly, I recommend that you ditch the Garmin mount (return it for a refund if you can) and buy this complete RAM package off of Amazon.com (or from your favorite retailer.) It has EVERYTHING you need (except the power cable) to hook your StreetPilot to your handlebars and it works very well.

http://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mounting-Systems-Handlebar-Streetpilot/dp/B000TFNKYY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259733458&sr=8-1

If this is not what you are looking for, look at the customer reviews for the above product on Amazon. One of them mentions a RAM mounting kit that you can buy from GPSCity.com that works with the Garmin cradle.
The full Ram mount kit won't work. I'm not mounting it to the handlebars.

Thanks, but I'm not looking for alternative solutions. I've done the research, and know what I want, and nobody sells the kit needed to make it happen.

·
Registered
221 Posts
FWIW, I got a lot of help setting mine up from Cylcegadgets. www.cyclegadgets.com. They're great people and will spend the time to talk to you. I too use the Garmin 2820, but I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FWIW, I got a lot of help setting mine up from Cylcegadgets. www.cyclegadgets.com. They're great people and will spend the time to talk to you. I too use the Garmin 2820, but I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for.
I'm trying to figure out which part that looks like this:

attaches to the back of this:

The specs on the RAM web site don't list the hole pattern aside from calling it a "universal AMPS pattern."

I think I'm going to need to call them to find out what the hole pattern measures out to.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You could use the B-202U

or the B-238U

or the B-347U.

Any of the above will work with the Garmin cradle. You just want to make sure you get a ball that is "AMPS" compatible.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You could use the B-202U

or the B-238U

or the B-347U.

Any of the above will work with the Garmin cradle. You just want to make sure you get a ball that is "AMPS" compatible.
I believe these items are available on-line at http://www.whitehorsegear.com. I just bought some RAM hardware from them and they are nice folks to deal with and fast shipping. :hurray:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

I believe these items are available on-line at http://www.whitehorsegear.com. I just bought some RAM hardware from them and they are nice folks to deal with and fast shipping. :hurray:
I'll be checking them out this evening. :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
146 Posts
A word of advice, use a short arm, I had the 3" and it vibrated from the weight of my 2720, which is the same size as yours.
And no, it wasn't because I had it mounted to something flimsy.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered my parts today.... should be here later this week. I'll snap some pics of the bracket I made before I have it powdercoated black to hide it.

Thanks, gang!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts