StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing this product, however there is one issue troubling me for which I could not find an answer in previous threads.

Can any owners tell me if there is a realtime "distance to turn or destination" feature? I don't think I will be able to use voice command because I don't have a 12v adapter(the speaker comes on the 12v adapter for the cage).

The price on this product is very enticing and after much review, I am on the edge of purchase.

Thanks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can any owners tell me if there is a realtime "distance to turn or destination" feature? I don't think I will be able to use voice command because I don't have a 12v adapter(the speaker comes on the 12v adapter for the cage).

The price on this product is very enticing and after much review, I am on the edge of purchase.
Yes, it will display both distance to the next turn and distance to your destination.

Did your review turn up all the comments about how slow the Quest 2 is? It's really slow. Like, slow slow. It can take a minute or more to calculate a fairly simple route, and I had mine calculate for more than five minutes on occasion (not an exaggeration).

The quest had a nice UI, and some other nice features, but waiting for it to calculate (or recalculate) a route drove me nuts and I got rid of mine.

I don't know what kind of deal your getting on the Quest 2 (it better be good) but I'd strongly recommend taking a look here.

Jamie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have heard this

Yes, I have read that the Quest 2 has been really slow with some users. However, I have read in several forums/reviews that if you uncheck some of the maps being used it will move much faster. For instance, if you live on the east coast, you can uncheck the maps for the west coast, midwest, canada, etc. and the processor will supposedly handle significantly better.

BTW Sorry: this thread should have been on the electronics section!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts