StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got one? I am looking for a multi use GPS unit, boating, driving, riding, and geocaching. This one is waterproof, and has a nice color display with touch screen.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm looking at the Nuvi 550 that is the same unit as the 500 but with other maps loaded. The 550 has no Topo maps, but has City Navigator with Canada and Alaska, where the 500 has topo and the lower 48 maps. REI has them for $299.00, where are you shopping them?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the Nuvi 550 that is the same unit as the 500 but with other maps loaded. The 550 has no Topo maps, but has City Navigator with Canada and Alaska, where the 500 has topo and the lower 48 maps. REI has them for $299.00, where are you shopping them?
Ya, thats another option. I guess i would actually want both sets of maps though!

I have seen them this cheap on Amazon regularly too. I read techbargains.com daily:

Crutchfield has the Garmin nuvi 500 Portable GPS Navigation System for a low $299.99 Free Shipping

Buydig.com has the Garmin nuvi 550 Portable GPS Navigation System for a low $289.87 Free Shipping.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the link to techbargains, I'll have to start checking them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts