StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand some Garmins, while having Bluetooth, do not provide Voice turn directions over a BT headset. Would you know which automobile Garmins (not the expensive motorcycle units) provide voice turn by turn directions for a headset.....use SENA 20S as an example?
thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi 765 that gives voice directions to my Sena SMH 10. You can find them on eBAY, that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've been in the market for something like this as well. The new ones don't broadcast. If you do a google search, you will find a list that garmin has somewhere on their website of which units broadcast to Bluetooth devices. The other things I've seen people do is mod a newer one (as some can be found cheaper than the older ones that broadcast to headset) with a Bluetooth dongle that will then broadcast the sound.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good input. Ive found while the Garmins will not Bluetooth capability, this is only for phone interface and will not transmit directions to a headset.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Does it have to be Garmin ?

I found many Tomtom's and Navman's will work with your head set.

I took my head set to a local store and had a play with the new models on display.

I found all the ones that worked with my head set then made a choice.

It was to be used in a car but I thought I should get one that could be a back up for my Zumo.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Garmin Nuvi 765 that gives voice directions to my Sena SMH 10. You can find them on eBAY, that's where I got mine.
Does the 765 provide "active logs" or the a gpx of the actual route traveled? with 855 model I have been using i can use Basecamp and "recieve from device" to obtain the active logs. this only be done if you remove the battery and replace it then the active log is available.

I did get a 765 and dont seem to be able to obtain a active log. Do you also have to remove the battery from it to get the active log?

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Is there a trick to pair the 765 to Sena? I cannot pair with the Sena 20s. I keep getting a failed message from the 765.
I wonder if the newer firmware updates have something to do with this. I used to be able to pair my TomTom 920 with my Sena SMH10 but now it won't. I haven't really dug into this yet but I have my suspicions.

Rod

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does the 765 provide "active logs" or the a gpx of the actual route traveled? with 855 model I have been using i can use Basecamp and "recieve from device" to obtain the active logs. this only be done if you remove the battery and replace it then the active log is available.

I did get a 765 and dont seem to be able to obtain a active log. Do you also have to remove the battery from it to get the active log?
I'm not sure what you mean by "active logs". I develop routes using Tyre and save them as a gpx file. I then download them to the 765.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is there a trick to pair the 765 to Sena? I cannot pair with the Sena 20s. I keep getting a failed message from the 765.
There is a procedure on the Sena website in the FAQ section on how to pair the SMH 10 to the 765. I can't remember exactly as I've only done it once. It can be complicated especially if you're also pairing a phone to the headset as well.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Does it have to be Garmin ?

I found many Tomtom's and Navman's will work with your head set.

I took my head set to a local store and had a play with the new models on display.

I found all the ones that worked with my head set then made a choice.

It was to be used in a car but I thought I should get one that could be a back up for my Zumo.
My iPhone 4 links to my headset.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts