StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SLICK! Make your maps in Googlemaps and download to your Garmin.

http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/

"Communication with your Garmin GPS just got easier thanks to the Garmin Communicator Plugin — the free internet browser plugin that sends and retrieves data from Garmin GPS devices.

The Garmin Communicator Plugin lets you connect your Garmin GPS with your favorite website. Once the plugin is installed, just connect your Garmin GPS device to your computer, and you’re on your way. The Garmin Communicator can send and retrieve data from any supported website.

Compatible computers and Internet browsers:
IBM-compatible PCs running Windows® 2000 or XP operating systems with Internet Explorer 6+ or Firefox 1.5+
Intel-based or PowerPC G3 or later Mac OS 10.4 or later with Firefox 2.0+ or Safari 2.0+"

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
H,

I must be missing something but I can figure out how to get a route to my 2720. The garmin site doesn't really help and google maps doesn't mention it in their help sections, nor is it very obvious (to me anyway).

Care to give a GPS noob a push in the right direction?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
It will not transfer routes, just waypoints or POI. After you select a location, click the Send button. It will allow you to choose GPS, then Garmin. It will redirect you to the a garmin webpage that allows you to save the new POI on to your Zumo.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There ya go. I just found it on the "other" site. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts