StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only assume the folks at Garmin who designed the Zumo GPS "security screw" never actually attached the security screwdriver to a key ring with keys on it and then tried to lock/unlock the Zumo from its cradle!

When I traded my ST1100 for my "Wee" the local dealer showed me a European web site that sold a redesigned, knurled screw to replace the Zumo "security screw".

I bought one and now I can remove or reattach my GPS in about 10 seconds.

Here's the site where I bought it from, plus a couple of pictures of screw the installed on my Wee.

GPSParts English

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, how Garmin thought us old folks had the patience (or eye sight) for that small security screw and the little screwdriver that came with it I’ll never know. I got a couple within a couple of weeks of mounting my Zumo 550 (over three years ago) from a guy on the ST-Owners user forum at the link below. Makes it so much easier to deal with.

Zumo 450 550 Replacement Security Screw - ST-Owners.com Forums

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
My favorite "security screws" are the pinned hex bolts that Scotts sells for their steering damper. Any crook with two brain cells to rub together would simply ignore those and take the whole bracket -- leaving me with a dangling handlebar, which is a worse outcome by any measure. Brilliant, guys.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yes, how Garmin thought us old folks had the patience (or eye sight) for that small security screw and the little screwdriver that came with it I’ll never know. I got a couple within a couple of weeks of mounting my Zumo 550 (over three years ago) from a guy on the ST-Owners user forum at the link below. Makes it so much easier to deal with.

Zumo 450 550 Replacement Security Screw - ST-Owners.com Forums
Well, cannot see thew picture, so bought on blind faith and happy members testimonials, thanks, half the price, shipped to Canada!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts