StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I recently purchased a Garmin kit from another rider. It has the Garmin cradle, and hardwire cable. The cable has a red fused hotwire and black ground, in addition to a white cable and a brown cable... Any ideas what these are for?

It looks like most of the RAM kits come with a cradle that use a diamond-shaped, 2-hole mounting, system... the Garmin cradle uses a square 4-hole pattern. Any ideas what bracket I need?

Also, any sources for a handle-bar kit that doesn't include the cradle?

I had planned on using the U-shaped bolt and mounting to the handlebars, but I'm intrigued with the option if drilling and tapping my bar riser and installing a 1" ball with the 1/4 x 20 threads. Has anyone done this, and how did it work out?

Thanks for any advice.

2Gordons

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think those other wires are for a speaker. I have been doing some research as I want to put a 2610 on my bike.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I just snagged a factory refurbished 2720 on eBay. Unfortunately, the RAM mount is backordered on that site I linked to, and had to look for other options. The cheapest place I found mounting hardware was actually at Amazon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It looks like most of the RAM kits come with a cradle that use a diamond-shaped, 2-hole mounting, system... the Garmin cradle uses a square 4-hole pattern. Any ideas what bracket I need?
You'll find that the diamond shaped RAM mount will also fit two of the diagonal holes of the 4-hole pattern on your Garmin mount.

Jamie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts