StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Wee is still being shipped to me but I'm wondering where I'll store it. Can someone measure their bike and tell me the length and width the bike takes up on the side stand. My bike does not have side bags.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think on the side stand the bikes sits pretty close to vertical. Is that right or does it lean a bit and take up more width?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It does lean a bit to the left, so it takes up a bit more room, but not a lot. If you have a center stand, I advise using that, rather than the side stand.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I tend to keep mine on the center stand as well. I keep mine here at work (it is good to be the boss sometimes) and I worry about someone knocking it over on themselves or something while messing with it. Shouldn't happen but you never know. At times we also have employees kids around too. Them climbing up on a bike on the center stand seems less likely to fall over on them...not that they should be on my bike.

BTW I have a 05 Wee (Red) and love it....

·
Registered
529 Posts
I keep mine in the basement .However , I'm not allowed to run it in the basement .

Alex

·
Registered
384 Posts
I keep mine in the basement .However , I'm not allowed to run it in the basement .

Alex
"not allowed"?! those Canadian women keep you guys scared, don't they? MAN UP!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't have a center stand yet. I will be adding one of those before too long.

Be careful keeping your bike in the basement my uncle has a 1968 triumph that's been in his basement since 1982.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you can park the right side of the bike next to a wall and aren't worried about it tipping over, you can put a 1/2" or so piece of wood under the kickstand to get it more upright. You can save several inches of space that way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like to store my bike on front and rear stands. They keep the tires of the floor and they make servicing and washing much easier!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I tend to keep mine on the center stand as well. I keep mine here at work (it is good to be the boss sometimes) and I worry about someone knocking it over on themselves or something while messing with it. Shouldn't happen but you never know. At times we also have employees kids around too. Them climbing up on a bike on the center stand seems less likely to fall over on them...not that they should be on my bike.

BTW I have a 05 Wee (Red) and love it....
A bike is more stable on a side stand than it is on a center stand, just make sure to leave it in gear on the side stand. The side stand creates a 3 point contact area, whereas the center stand only has 2.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
A bike is more stable on a side stand than it is on a center stand, just make sure to leave it in gear on the side stand. The side stand creates a 3 point contact area, whereas the center stand only has 2.
Mine has 3 points of contact when on the center stand. Let me know if you figure out how to balance anything on two points of contact! :confused:

Two points defined a line. Three define a plane. You get the idea ....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
I manage to shove my bike into some dead space in my "2 car garage" ( 19' 6" x 19' 4" ). I picked up the dolly for $65.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
I like your helmet boxes!

·
Registered
384 Posts
No, but Philstrom kinda gave me the skinny~

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you can park the right side of the bike next to a wall and aren't worried about it tipping over, you can put a 1/2" or so piece of wood under the kickstand to get it more upright. You can save several inches of space that way.
I use a section of 2x8 on its side (1.5 inches under the kickstand) which stands up the bike almost vertical but still leaning enough to keep it stable. This is also a good position for lifting the bike onto a rear stand (I don't have a centerstand). This allows me to fit the bike in the garage next to my car but it does block the rear door from opening.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts