StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one ride into this area (Churn Creek Protected Area - south west of Williams Lake). What are the roads like?? Planning a ride to do some camping/hiking this coming week.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
gang ranch

yes i have rode there , i came over the pavillion road then went into clinton for gas . then back tracked and took the road too jesmond . from jesmond i went towards williams lake on the gravel road towards williams lake . i then took a bridge [ its a new one] that heads through the gang ranch towards a place called hainsville i think . my plan was too spend the night there and walk around the town in the evening . turns out its not a town but an indian gas station that closes at 5 or 6pm . the roads are gravel that any car could handle smoothly . i ended up at bella coola after staying the night at a lake just past anhihiem lake

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Chris - sounds like a must ride area. I planning to ride out tomorrow.

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Make sure you've got a decent map with you. Many of those roads/intersections are not clearly marked.

That area is on my to do list. I've been through there in a car, but not on the bike. Maybe later this summer.

Post a ride report when you're back so we can see where you went. Enjoy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make sure you've got a decent map with you. Many of those roads/intersections are not clearly marked.

That area is on my to do list. I've been through there in a car, but not on the bike. Maybe later this summer.

Post a ride report when you're back so we can see where you went. Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice - they're calling for some rain and I hear the roads around there tend to get a bit slick, so might pass for now. Send me a PM if/when you plan to go.

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Thanks for the advice - they're calling for some rain and I hear the roads around there tend to get a bit slick, so might pass for now. Send me a PM if/when you plan to go.

Robert
I'll probably try to work it in en route somewhere. We've got a family place near 100 Mile, which makes a good base for day trips. Not sure when I'm going to get up there next.

Probably a wise idea to wait out the rain. Much more pleasant in the dry weather.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Hey Robert,

Long time no see (burn ride). If you are looking for company on a weekday ride some time give me a shout. We should be able find some local dirt to explore somewhere.

Cheers,
Lee

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wobbie,
I've ridden in the area for many years. Let me know if you have any questions on any specific road. If you're heading to the Gang Ranch you shouldn'd miss the High Bar Road. Entering from the south heading north it's a steep garde down but an awesome ride along the Fraser River. You should also check out Farwell Canyon which is north of the Ranch on the Chilcotin River.
Have a great ride,
Stromba

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Anybody riding North on 99 in the next few days can forget it. There was a massive rock slide at Porteau Cove that buried the highway and rail line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lee

Good to hear from you - I'm on a 4/4 shift (02Aug my day two back at work) Let me know your sked and we can find some dirt.

Robert

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stromba

Thanks for info - I took a quick ride up to Clinton and rode the back road to Pavilion via Kelly Lake. Loved it. Plan to explore more of that area (Jesmond, Dog Creek, etc).

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Apparently the #99 will be open late tonight. Wow, that is a lot of rock to move and repair the highway in such a short time.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Hey Robert check your PMs. I've lost your e-dress, it went up in smoke with my old computer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey folks,
Just had to drop in and see what the conversation was about. I lived in Victoria for a year and travelled in an old Dodge Aspen all over the Island, over to Calgary and then up to the top along the Rockies. A real hoot. I'd love to come back one day after I encourage the kids to move out and do it on a bike. Hope you all enjoy - sounds fanbloodytastic.
FAW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts