StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about ordering one for my 2014 dl1000. Will I need a new pair of grips and if so should I order the open end ones to install the device on the end of the grips

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a g2 on mine. I just took the standard grip off and fitted it to the g2. A long thin screw driver up the bar end and some wd40 worked for me. I've just fitted Oxford heated grips and they where to tight on the g2 so I sanded off the knurled section of the g2 and all is ok. Either way you want the open ended grips as you'll need the handle bar end weights fitted to stop the vibrations.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi

I've got the Suzuki heated grips. willl I still be able to fit the G2 with those ?

Anyone already done this ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
My brother installed the Throttle Tamer on his Vee2 and is very happy with the results.
He used the original grips on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I checked with G2 ergo before ordering mine and they said when you order your throttle tamer ask them for reduced knurling for heated grips. Still a tight fit though.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I am looking for the G2 Throttle tamer part # for the 14+ Vee-2

·
Registered
525 Posts
doesnt work with heated grips

·
Registered
525 Posts
oem are plastic sanded them down but even my dealer couldn't install them

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Taking the slack out of the throttle cables is important. The air box needs to be removed so the cables can be adjusted at the throttle bodies if the adjuster doesn't do it. You'll need to take off the tank, then use a 3 mm hex bit and long extension to get to the air box clamps.

I first got the slack out of the cables, then put on my Tamer from my old 650. Works well.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
the G2 Throttle tamer

So I ordered the G2 and it arrived yesterday.
their Part # is 40-4F-136-S
fitment is for the following
'14-current DL1000A as well as :
DL650
GSXR-600
GSX600F
GSXR750
GSXR1000
GSF1200 Bandit

I'm planning to install it after I pick up my VEE-2 this afternoon...

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Is that for all years of the DL650 ?

cheers Peter

·
Registered
77 Posts
Throttle tamer is a nice addition. Definitely makes it less twitchy. Thanks for the Oxford grip feedback as well....I just ordered some and hope they will fit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You just need to sand down the knurled section till the hot grip goes on and you need to watch what grips you order as one set is longer, adventure ones I think. I have the sports ones, fit great

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is an older thread but i wanted to give my 2 cents on the G2 Throttle Tamer. I have a Vee2 and although i had gotten pretty used to the jerky throttle i decided to see if this would make any remarkable improvement. This is only my opinion but for the $100.00 or so it cost i would have to say no. There is a little bit of improvement but really i could have put the money somewhere else. I have to say that i did get the new ECU and that alone did soften the throttle a little. So after 6 months with the tamer i have decided to put on the original tube and live with that. If you are expecting BIG changes then i think you would be disappointed in this product. I have read on here that some users have had great results with their G2, i dont doubt that, but i guess all bikes are different when it comes to these things.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Why are you guys using a throttle tamer? How do you like it ?
I got it to tame the off-idle throttle snatch. I have a long gravel drive, and the thing was driving me crazy there and in parking lots. The throttle tamer made it much smoother--not perfect, but maybe 80-90% better. I haven't done any testing since I got the new ECU installed; that may make the tamer unnecessary.

And original grips work just fine; there's a little bare bar showing, but it's not noticeable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 2014 V2 with a G2 throttle tamer and Oxford heated grips. Both work properly, easy to install as well. The G2 helps a small bit, but its still a little snatchy on the throttle. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts