StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am due for an oil change and, so, removed the amoto skidplate in anticipation of washing the bike and changing the oil. Until recently, I have been plagued by significant vibrations at 5k - fairly unacceptable.

Driving into work this am without the skidplate, the vibrations were noticeably reduce. They were still there, but were more like vibes than VIBES!

I am tempted to leave the thing off, but like the highway pegs for long rides (when the vibes would be more annoying). Could add Dan Vesel pegs, but then lose protection of oil filter.

Actually, I am very much drawn to trying this: http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=43625

Yeah, I want to have my cake (bars, plate, and pegs) and eat it too without vibrations.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got to take a more spirited ride out in the country sans skidplate. Much improved. There is some buzziness between 5-6k, but more of a deviation from perfectly smooth than a real issue. With skidplate it is seriously annoying, distracting, etc. Leaving off the plate for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts