StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be using no more than three items drawing power consisting of a gps unit, a cell phone charger and an mp3 charger. Is it worth installing the fuzeblock or skip it? The tank bag that I've got has two power supply outlets which I would use to take care of the phone and mp3 so I would only be wiring 2 plugs. Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Might add a 4th power accessory??

Small electric tire pump?? You never know when you might need one. (I know the other 2-3 items would not be "on" while the pump is in use, so amperage-wise, you should be OK with whatever you add for the other 3)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the tire pump but it's got alligator clips and if I am using it the other things will either be off or unplugged.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's never any shortage of useful info here! I wish that I had seen that a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
You might as well install the PC-8. You say you only need 3 circuits...but that'll change.

Aux lights, heated grips, frappachino machine...it'll come.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do love me some coffee. Since I work on big ships when I'm home riding is strictly something done for fun or errands, with that in mind I doubt that heated gear will really be required. I do like toys though.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Sure is easier to put it in and be ready for "what ifs" in the future, instead of trying to rewire stuff later on.

I do love me some coffee. Since I work on big ships when I'm home riding is strictly something done for fun or errands, with that in mind I doubt that heated gear will really be required. I do like toys though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Another reason for the fuse block

An unswitched fused circuit (wit an on-off switch) can be really handy for using or charging your toys without having to turn on the key and leave it in the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts